Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: valerian. what he meant in the trailer

Default valerian. what he meant in the trailer

in the new trailer for the game,

we see raynor point a gun to valerian... "tell me why i shouldn't kill you right now"

and valerian answers "because i can offer what you always wanted"

so is valerian going to betray mengsk?

seeing as how blizzard loves turning the good into bad, do you think its possible that valerian will betray mengsk and then inturn even double cross raynor?

another possibility is that we will see valerian become infested.

at the end of the trailer we see raynor on char loading up a sniper rifle that says REV...i'm not sure what that is...kerrigan assassination?

ive heard some people say that what valerian was offering was a cure for infestation and the round that raynor loaded into the sniper was a de-infestation round he plans to hit kerrigan with. in such a circumstance, i'd hate to see kerrigan human again and hope if it is true, she dies before the end of the campaign. in such a scenario, the possibility of valerian becoming the new infested leader and the "king of blades" is very real.

EDIT:

i think it would be cool if valerian learned that raynor won't kill kerrigan but valerian wants her dead. so he lies about the de-infestation round and it ends up killing her...he tries to use confusion to destroy the zerg but raynor in a fit of rage, goes to kill him. he ends up screwing up valerian's plans and the zerg close in on his ship and infest him.
    Last edited by warrior6; 07-22-2010 at 12:19 PM.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: valerian. what he meant in the trailer

Moved to spoiler forum.

o thnx sorry

Personally I find the word "always" intriguing.

Does Valerian mean Mengsk's death? Has Raynor ALWAYS wanted revenge? Of course not, at one point they were on the same side. Same with Kerrigan.

I wouldn't find it entirely unreasonable Valerian is talking simply of peace. No longer being hunted, no longer creating a revolution, and simply living in comfort and starting a new family. Going back to what he had on Mar Sara before his son was taken away and his wife died. Rebooting his life with Valerians help, getting Mengsk off his tail.

And the price? All those Xel'Naga artifacts you've spent the game collecting.

I actually like Demosquid's idea. It seems more in-line with what Raynor deserves. Vengeance may be what he wants for the time being, but after that, he won't have anything.

This way, he has something to live for that isn't just revenge.

I disagree to an extent. The recently released video seemed to revolve around Kerrigan's abandonment on Tarsonis (remember, it's important enough to get its own full cinematic). This makes me think that Raynor is suffering from massive survivor's guilt - the original Mar Sara colony, Kerrigan and Fenix. It's no wonder he's started drinking heavily. I suspect that Valerian will offer Raynor a chance to 'save' Kerrigan (anyone remember the end cinematic pic?).

This works well if Valerian is anything like his father. The Mengsks don't force people into morally grey trade-offs. They get you to do their dirty work for them and make you think that's what you wanted in the first place.

Quote Originally Posted by mr. peasant View Post
    I disagree to an extent. The recently released video seemed to revolve around Kerrigan's abandonment on Tarsonis (remember, it's important enough to get its own full cinematic). This makes me think that Raynor is suffering from massive survivor's guilt - the original Mar Sara colony, Kerrigan and Fenix. It's no wonder he's started drinking heavily. I suspect that Valerian will offer Raynor a chance to 'save' Kerrigan (anyone remember the end cinematic pic?).

This works well if Valerian is anything like his father. The Mengsks don't force people into morally grey trade-offs. They get you to do their dirty work for them and make you think that's what you wanted in the first place.
    Having read The Dark Templar Series I can say that Valerian's character is pretty interesting. He seems to hate his father's empire and the way that Mensk goes about ruling his people but he doesn't seem to hate him enough to want to kill him. He keeps quite a few secrets from his father and pursues knowledge, history and archeology for their intrinsic value. Where as his father only pursued what was useful to him to produce weapons or fear, ect.

I am very much interested in seeing Valerian's part in SC2. I think it will be quite different than we expect if he's anything like he was in the books. (Metzen said he worked closely with Christie Golden to tie the books into sc2's main plot so I think this will be the case.)
    Last edited by ZealotPowerade; 07-22-2010 at 02:53 PM.
    Drink Zealot Powerade!
    Nothing gets your Psionic powers flowing like Zealot Powerade!

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

What if mengsk actually planes to spare his son? I mean, well if you think one way, Mengsk could throw his best against Raynor (a fleet of Battle Cruisers with Valerian on its command) by risking the live of his son. It is not intended that he wants to kill Valerian, but what if he is willing to spare him over his power or life. Something I have learned is that people tend to get paranoia when they have a lot to loose and even kill those people they were once close to.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

What do you mean 'plans to spare his son'?

Mengsk isn't even planning to kill him in the first place.

Jimmy promised he'd kill Kerrigan. I'd be (twelve years) disappointed if he does anything but. Knock off Kerrigan, resurrect the Overmind.

Valerian's going to reveal to Jim that they're brothers, Mengsk being the father, if they unite together they can convince Dad to cool the motor. ...Or something like that... (Oh, please, please no.)

We endorse the LAN in Starcraft 2 Please. Petition to Blizzard Entertainment.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/LANSC2/petition.html

LANHAMMER: 252,778
    252,778 against the removal of LAN in StarCraft 2!
    IGN's Article Regarding The Petition Reaching 55,000, "...eliminating LAN play reduces choice"