Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Dominion-Kerrigan

Default Dominion-Kerrigan

The Ghost graphic novels gave me an interesting idea. According to Ghost, the Dominion is taught that the "Queen of Blades" was a Confederate Ghost that was captured during the fall of Tarsonis - Mengsk has had it covered up that Kerrigan is the Zerg leader so no one can trace her rise to power to him.

So, what if the Dominion found out the truth? Like say, somehow Raynor broadcasted to the people that the Zerg Queen is actually Mengsk's former right hand? Mengsk's reputation within the Dominion would be shattered overnight as people realized he's responsible for the creation of the galaxy's greatest enemy and he covered it up to save face. They'd lose faith in him, they wouldn't trust him anymore, people would be pissed, and from there it would only grow. Seems there's already anti-Dominion fires burning, this would be like throwing a can of gasoline on it. Mengsk would be ruined.

Anyone else think maybe this could come into play in SC2? A very easy, and a safe (story-wise) way to crack Mengsk's hold on the Terran people, as opposed to just killing him or removing him from power.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 07-18-2010 at 08:26 PM.
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Default Re: Dominion-Kerrigan

Mengsk would get ruined only if it's proven that Zerg sought to and were able to transform human being into psionic powerhouses.
    Otherwise he just made a tactical decision and he's not responsible for what he could hardly imagine.
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft

This could be a very smart play to shatter the faith the Dominion has in its Leader. To prove it would be ridiculously impossible, I mean Mengsk is the master of media and propaganda right. Look at the modern world we live in a lot of hearsay is created to dent peoples reputations but until its proven its just he said this about John! With the oppressiveness of the Dominion the populace actually being able to discover this themselves to validate it would be like sending a kid vs Godzilla.

how would they be able to broadcast something like this?? he holds the media and communication networks with an iron fist

I could see something like this happening. In terms of storytelling it might work as an effective throwback/bookend for the first mission where you shut down Mengsk's propaganda to the fringe colony. This might also be Raynor's answer to Tosh's murderous ambitions: saving Mengsk and the bulk of the Dominion to keep Tosh from "burning the Dominion to the ground" with Spectres.

Raynor may want Mengsk dead, but no at the expense of hundreds of lives.

How would Raynor gather that evidence? The communications capacity? That's all part of the story, but by no means impossible or unlikely.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Well, let's remember Mike Liberty is still out there and still broadcasting...

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    The Ghost graphic novels gave me an interesting idea. According to Ghost, the Dominion is taught that the "Queen of Blades" was a Confederate Ghost that was captured during the fall of Tarsonis - Mengsk has had it covered up that Kerrigan is the Zerg leader so no one can trace her rise to power to him.

So, what if the Dominion found out the truth? What if somehow Raynor broadcasted to the people that the Zerg Queen is actually Mengsk's former right hand? Mengsk's reputation within the Dominion would be shattered overnight as people realized he's responsible for the creation of the galaxy's greatest enemy and he covered it up to save face. They'd lose faith in him, they wouldn't trust him anymore, people would be pissed, and from there it would only grow. Seems there's already anti-Dominion fires burning, this would be like throwing a can of gasoline on it. Mengsk would be ruined.

Anyone else think maybe this could come into play in SC2? A very easy, and a safe (story-wise) way to crack Mengsk's hold on the Terran people, as opposed to just killing him or removing him from power.
    Just one problem. Mengsk has destroyed Raynor's credibility, and even if Kerrigan herself confirmed the story, why would anyone believe her?
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

True. Basic idea of the thread wasn't "Raynor/Kerrigan reveals the truth", but that somehow the truth is revealed to the Dominion.

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

Oh. In that case, Mengsk would be screwed, but I don't think he'd actually fall.

Mengsk's actions have already sparked protests, and people (in real life) have shown a remarkable ability to just put their heads down and avoid horrid governments.

No one would believe Mengsk did that deliberately (lucky him) but it would make him seem less competent. (Mengsk makes himself out as a great general who will protect terrans; the revelation would be a severe hit to his image.)
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

A few things to clarify:
    1) Tosh is a Ghost or a Specter?
    2) He has an army of Spectres? O_O
    3) So we may have a Specter unit in Campaign?
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft