Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Well if Kerrigan will still be Kerrigan in HotS...

Default Well if Kerrigan will still be Kerrigan in HotS...

Then what was that leaked image all about?

http://i8.fastpic.ru/big/2010/0714/4...ee97e15f49.jpg

I'm not gonna be very active in this thread, but I'm curious to what this leads you guys to believe. We do know according to the best buy interview she'll still be infested Kerrigan by HotS (at first I thought she would die and the overmind would return). I have a few ideas myself what this image could mean, though it is nice that we still don't REALLY know the ending.

Eroldren's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Well if Kerrigan will still be Kerrigan in HotS...

I bout' to post this ruined city image (found under media environment artwork )till I saw the new subforum and rules. At first I thought the marine-kerrigan pic was on Char but now it seems the post-"Invasion of Korhal" plot or whatever more truth than fraud.
    Last edited by Eroldren; 07-16-2010 at 08:12 PM.

Where'd you get that shot? (first post)

Eroldren's Avatar Junior Member

Umm, at the new http://beta-us.battle.net/sc2/en/ site under Media/Artwork/Filter Options: Environment.
    Edit: Misread read your post Lamb in a rush :P, I think the first one was a datamined picture by someone gotten the retail game early.
    Last edited by Eroldren; 07-16-2010 at 08:26 PM.

ah I see, I'd looked through all the artwork, and didn't remember seeing that one =P Thanks anyways!

From the other artwork of her
    http://sc2pod.com/img/gallery/161.jpg

She is still clearly very infested. Moreover, we have the video of wounded Zeratul claiming Kerrigan is the key.

This leads me to speculate that Kerrigan was being saved from a critically injured state by a very conflicted, anguished Raynor due to advice from Zeratul. Due to her injuries (evident by her loss of carapace, though if you look at her hair and skin tone, she is still clearly infested), shes lost a substantial amount of her former power, so HoTs will start with you playing a weak kerrigan rebuilding her strenght, also explaining the character progression of "evolutions".

In addition, she appears far more human, which is consistent with HoTs general design direction of humanizing the zerg so it'd be easier/possible to design a coherent campaign where you play as them.

Will probably have some generic storyline where she's weakened in WoL, and like SAMUS, must regain her powers through HoTS and become the supreme ruler of the universe........!

PLEASE NO

Quote Originally Posted by newcomplex View Post
    This leads me to speculate that Kerrigan was being saved from a critically injured state by a very conflicted, anguished Raynor due to advice from Zeratul. Due to her injuries (evident by her loss of carapace, though if you look at her hair and skin tone, she is still clearly infested), shes lost a substantial amount of her former power, so HoTs will start with you playing a weak kerrigan rebuilding her strenght, also explaining the character progression of "evolutions".
    This is probably the closest theory to the truth I've heard. Will look forward to seeing if it's true.

Meanwhile, I'm curious as to what happens to Mengsk and the dominion. Will they vanish like the UED? Now I really want to play the campaign.
    Last edited by Crazy_Jonny; 07-16-2010 at 09:17 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Jonny View Post
    Meanwhile, I'm curious as to what happens to Mengsk and the dominion. Will they vanish like the UED? Now I really want to play the campaign.
    Valerian probably takes over and leaves his father to die (by Raynor's hand?) or pulls the trigger on him while he is weakened. Arcturus will probably threaten his son or warn him of an impending danger or something before dying...

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!

Lets look at the facts.

Kerrigan is at least partially uninfested at the end of WoL.
    HotS will deal with RPG like mechanics with Kerrigan trying to juice her powers up.

This all leads me to conclude that at the end of WoL, she will be incredibly weakened and come to her senses. (no longer the queen bitch of the universe) And in HotS we will be playing as Kerrigan trying to regain her powers to fight off the hybrids/xel'naga/some other enemy.

EDIT: Damn it maybe I should read the whole OP before posting lol. I came to pretty much the same conclusion.
    Last edited by Hav0x; 07-16-2010 at 10:03 PM.