Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Odd strategy with contaminate

Default Re: Odd strategy with contaminate

Absolultely Todie. To me the two key functions are:
    1) Slowing down upgrades (a key moment I've noticed in many ZvPs is when the P starts making HT (so he needs storm) or Collossi (so he needs range). I try to have two OS if he's going for one of these tech patterns in a standard way, and contaminate to slow down his upgrades (not so much his production actually, since if I slow down a robo he can just throw down another one for the money he's "saving" because of my contaminate, and then contaminate is rendered useless). Slowing down that upgrade is exactly what I need to make my ling/hydra bust and finish him before his tech kicks in.

2) Focusing more on production buildings, and even more so now that the 1/1/1 build is popular in TvZ. It's really fantastic to block his factory and screw up his army composition that way. I also love using it when the T's response to a few mutas is reactor-vikings. Contaminate on a reactor production building is sweet.

You seem to be saying a lot about blocking supply depots, but I haven't gotten a definite answer yet: does that even work?

Overall, many people were complaining about the OS's lack of spells besides the changeling, and I think that Blizzard's fix was just perfect. A highly tactical spell, with good energy tension, easy to counter yet easy to put into application.
    Love it.

i already said i havent tried it. was just asking for public opinions and see if ne1 else tried it. I suppose for such a thing to work would be highly circumstantial, but meh.

@hammy: yea the overseer tweaks were awesome

I think something that might be a little more useful is to contaminate an already submerged supply depot, so you can run all of your lings in and he can't pop up his depot halfway through.

indeed.

and anotehr thing:

against protoss, lategame,

step one: make a few overseers extra.
    step two: go for ultralisks - conceal it as far as possible
    step three: when its spotted, get your overseers in tehre and cripple immortal production. as often as possible.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Hahaha! I have a secret weapon against that strat

Mullet knows it. You don't !

Quote Originally Posted by protoswarrior View Post
    Hahaha! I have a secret weapon against that strat

Mullet knows it. You don't !
    let me guess.. feedback?
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Close! But, not exactly It involves feedback ! And templar !

Muhahahahaha !!

Corrupting a Warpgate doesn't help if you have 5 more and can Warp-in instantly...

Default Re: New Terran Strategy

Quote Originally Posted by protoswarrior View Post
    Do you mean the Overseer's contaminate ability? I think using it like that is highly situational. It could be beneficial yes, but I don't the benefits outweigh what the contaminate spell can be used for alternately, such as: contaminating a few production buildings or tech buildings that are researching an upgrade. Delaying the upgrade by 30 seconds can turn the tide heavily in your favour, whereas stopping a depot from being lowered only traps the army temporarily, and the army is still gonna bite you after. And the Terran can always kill one depot and construct another meanwhile just to get out and push. You'd have wasted the energy and cost only 100mins worth of damage to a Terran in mid-game which is insignificant overall.

Sorry man, it is creative, but not really efficient.

Are you kidding me

If you can't get into the base but can contaminate the wall it is HUGE

Just killing all the depots take time and hey 100-300 minerals is also HUGE!

And hey what if he got a starport factory wall? then its even more HUGEEEE

This is incredible effective to cost ratio (energy, observer cost can be contested)