Thread: About real name for a future SC2 account

Default About real name for a future SC2 account

Just in case someone has an ass less lazy than mine and took time to clarify.

I'm planning on buying euro-version of SC2 and creating a new account, other than which I use for Beta, for it. Must I put my real name on it or I can put "Kknewkles Wildwision" as a name and surname without fearing of getting my account blasted for infringement of some rules?
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft

Default Re: About real name for a future SC2 account

You wouldn't get in trouble, but if someone manages to steal your account, you won't be able to prove it's yours.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Just curious, why do you not want to use your real name? It seems a lot of people are still under the assumption that in-game Bnet2.0 will use real names for Friends list, which is simply not true.

You can have multiple b.net accounts under the same name, just need a different email.

I don't think your real name is displayed in Bnet is it? I know it's displayed when you click your profile but I think other people can't see that.

Quote Originally Posted by Crazy_Jonny View Post
    I don't think your real name is displayed in Bnet is it? I know it's displayed when you click your profile but I think other people can't see that.
    No one can see it except for RealID friends. RealID friends are people that you should know in real life.

You cannot see someone's real name unless you're Real ID friends, usually those you know in real life or i guess you trust. Like i have some WoW friends ive known for a long time and wouldnt mind being able to chat with while playing SC2.

Real ID only displays real name and lets you cross-game chat, they cant get your personal info.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    You can have multiple b.net accounts under the same name, just need a different email.
    Talking about battle.net 2.0? You can only have multiple accounts if you bought the game multiple times.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

I don't want to expose my name in case I make streams
    But I guess I just have to not press "My profile" button. Silly me
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by Kknewkles View Post
    I don't want to expose my name in case I make streams
    But I guess I just have to not press "My profile" button. Silly me
    Meh. No offense to you but I've seen some prominent people Stream SC2 without fear of showing their profile. I think people are taking this name thing way to serious. If your not doing anything out of the ordinary , theres really no reason to target you. Like they say;

The nail that sticks out gets hammered.