Thread: Tank question (maybe glitch?)

Default Tank question (maybe glitch?)

Every time i use a tank and it begins to attack smothing while in siege mode, it refuses to stop attacking so that i can unsiege it. Even when i press S to stop it, it continues to attack and i cannot get it to unsiege. Every time i try to unsiege it, it says that the ablility is not yet ready. Is there a way around this?

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Tank question (maybe glitch?)

What are you doing to get it to unsiege?

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

well its d to usiege but every time i do it, it wont let me becuase its attacking. So i try rpessing s to maybe command it to stop attacking, but it continues to attack and if the tank is attacking it cant unsiege ='(

Ouch. Sounds horrible. Try using the onscreen buttons instead of the hotkeys. If that doesn't work, capture it in a replay and attach the replay to a new thread in the bnet support forum/wherever they've instructed glitches be reported. Include notes as to the time in the replay where the error can be observed, including a timeframe for your attempts to stop it and note when you did what.

Note that all of your actions will likely not appear in the replay outside of mouse button pushes (SC1's buttons flashed even if you were using hotkeys, not sure if SC2's do). It may be helpful to note what else you were doing. It may also be helpful to not do anything else. A final note would be to tell your opponent of the glitch early or even pre-match and request that he/she honor any request for him/her to pull back to see if the tank stops when it has nothing to shoot.

Lastly, your note of the "ability not ready" message indicates a possible glitch in the upgrade/research completion acknowledgement protocols/programming. If this appears on screen and you capture it in the replay to attempt the above glitch posting suggestion, Blizz should have no doubt something isn't right. Make sure to note any appearance of this message in your glitch notes. Good luck!

Edit: If you have a replay with multiple occurrences of this glitch, use it for the post.
    Last edited by flak4321; 07-16-2010 at 11:07 AM.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.