Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Day One-Tourny

Default Day One-Tourny

Hey guys, I am new on the forums, came here to make friends, sick of other forums, want to get into starcraft. I am kind of a noob and hope to learn. I am not quite familiar with how the whole game works, so I may need some help. Alright, now that I have made my intro, on to the tourny.

Day One Tournament.

Welcome to the day one tournament hosted by Corgon!

How it works-
    YOU DO NOT HAVE TO PLAY YOUR MATCH ON THE RELEASE DAY!!!
    Will be held in NA server! This will be a 1v1 tournament. Competitors will sign up and randomly be matched with other competitors. You will be able to choose your own race, but the map that you will be playing on will be chosen for you. You must be responsible for playing your own match and getting into contact with the person you are up against. After you battle, you will save your replay and send it to me via PM.

Rules-
    -No hacks or mods!
    -Be courteous
    -No hateful comments
    -No sudden drop outs (if you decide you do not want to partake in the tournament, you need to contact me and your opponent at least 3 days before your scheduled match.
    -You must send me your replay once the match is finished.
    -If for any reason you have to leave mid-match, let the other player know first, and then contact me and the other player to set up another date.

Official Maps-
    All official blizzard maps.

When-July 27th
    Where-Your Computer
    How- Post your "going to be" username in the comments.

The good thing about this is....you do not have to play your game on day one. The tourny will go through many weeks. The reason I call it day one tourny is because that is the day it officially starts. I will be posting the match-ups on the day of release. During that week you will need to contact your partner and set up a match sometime. The first round will last 2-3 weeks depending on how many players we get.

And remember, you do not have to be completely dedicated to the tourny. All you have to do is get together with your match, play a quick game. Post results. Go back to whatever you were doing.

Current Competitors-
    SC Username__Forum Name
    Corgon__Corgon(if I can use that)
    watercliff 861__watercliff (not sure if you are actually entering.)

If there is anything crucial that I have missed, please tell me and I shall address it immediately.
    Last edited by Corgon; 07-19-2010 at 11:30 PM.

Maul's Avatar Member

Default Re: Day One-Tourny

Great initive but I'm fairly sure the overwhelming majority of players will be focusing on the campaign for the first few days (weeks).
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

DAmn I would've sooo participated if not for the fact that I am going out of country and will be out for a MONTH! T_T I will have a comp there, but :

1: dunno if I will be able to install my client there and play on my battle.net account.
    2: dunno if i will have fucking TIME to play since I am going for my wedding ceremony :P
    3: even if i could play, I would lag my opponents to hell, so I dunno if it's a good idea :P

If you can dispell any of these qualms, I will accept to participate

watercliff's Avatar Junior Member

Day One isn't the best time for a tournament. There will be a huge amount of stress on the servers. In addition, the player base will be busy looking at all the new and shiny things. Allow some time for the players to get into the groove.

In addition, you'll need their identifier. When I get mine, I'll post it on these forums as I only play multiplayer and always looking for custom game practices.

Phase 2 nick: watercliff 861

While this is a great initiative, and sounds like amazing fun...
    Quote Originally Posted by watercliff View Post
    There will be a huge amount of stress on the servers.
    ... this statement seems rather accurate.

And, as Maul said, many people will be playing the campaign (at least, those who didn't finish it during the night).

I won't have the game yet though, so i won't be able to join in

You should definitely go through with it though, you'll be making history!

Edit: I might be blind, but I can't find what server this'll be played on...

The good thing about this is....you do not have to play your game on day one. The tourny will go through many weeks. The reason I call it day one tourny is because that is the day it officially starts. I will be posting the match-ups on the day of release. During that week you will need to contact your partner and set up a match sometime. The first round will last 2-3 weeks depending on how many players we get. And about the server thing, this is the area I need help with. What servers are there? What would be the best? Do we know the final servers or just the beta ones? Please PM me about this inquiry. @protoswarrior, what I can do for you is go to the bridesmaid and convince her to think about her decision and postpone the wedding for a couple of weeks. XD

ROFL! It is mostly a religious ceremony and a wedding at the same time, since the legal wedding is done. :P Bah!

I will participate in the next tourny that comes up Thanks for making me salivate!

Haha, no problem. I am actually kind of intimidated by competitive starcraft due to the amount of dedication and APMs. Hopefully I will learn how to use hot keys.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Day one tournament? Does it include campaign pwning? If not, count me out

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

What do you mean by campaign pwning? And remember, you don't have to play your match on day 1