Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Linkin Park

Default Linkin Park

Any fans here? I found a super nice remix for their new contest to create a version of The Catalyst based on the clips they give to contestants. I think their new album is gunna have that cool new edge factor to it again, just my opinion/hope.

My fav. mix so far http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=5Z3Gn0AgT3c

New Song:

sorry that's not the real version, ill see if i can dig up the actual thing.
    Last edited by Noctis; 08-06-2010 at 12:22 AM.

Default Re: Linkin Park

I went through a LP phase back in high school. Nowadays, I look back on most of their work and think to myself, "Oh my god, this is so pretentious and depressing." But some of their songs I can't let go, like the classic In the End.

This one also sounds great. It's an interesting evolution in style and presentation. Were it not for Chester (main lead) I never would have recognized this as Park.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Maul's Avatar Member

I loved LP up to Reanimation. From Meteora and onwards, not so much.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Now that I think about it, The Catalyst kind of reminded me of Shiny Toy Guns, particularly When Did This Storm Begin.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

You really have to be in the mood for LP...

I find the best time to listen to them is while driving.

Too busy writing my own music to be remixing other peoples.

They need to take a little of the treble of those drums...

Back with all gun's blazing.

I also wen through a LP phase, like most of us, when I was in high school. I stopped caring about them when they released, what I would call, their worst album ever: minutes to midnight(well the Jay Z thing is worst but it's not totally their album). I really thought they were dead after that but I somehow ended up on their website a few days ago and realized that they made a whole bunch of stuff since then.

I went through a LP phase a few years back. Still listen to their stuff now, but only a few select songs I keep for my ipod playlist for the gym. I need something loud and fast-paced to keep me going on the treadmill.
    [CENTER]

lol same here Zero

btw that song is not LP's, they are having a contest for people to make their own version of their new single The Catalyst. They gave a vocal clip and some instruments, some guy made that himself for the contest. LP's version is coming out August 2nd. You can try youtubing the standalone clips they give.

And i have to agree Minutes to Midnight really put me off. I liked 1 or 2 of the Jay-Z songs, otherwise Reanimation was my last favorite, well no Meteora had some cool ones. LP's main attactive point was their cutting edge-esque style...supposedly the new one is going to be 'cutting edge'.

Mike Shinoda's fort minor was prety good too.

Broadside's Avatar Junior Member

I've never been a big fan of them but I enjoy listening once every now and then. Have both the Hybrid theory and Meteora on my Ipod.

Quote Originally Posted by Noctis View Post
    Mike Shinoda's fort minor was prety good too.
    What ever happened to Fort minor? I remember "Where'd You Go" was a pretty big hit here in the Netherlands.

Broadside 381 | EU | Terran | Gold League