Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Phase 2 closing soon i think

saga's Avatar Junior Member

Default Phase 2 closing soon i think

As we all know just like phase 1, phase 2 had to end eventually.
    i guess in this thread just talk about the new sounds and effects and changes that came up with phase 2. And what you will be doing when it ends the 19th or 20th i dont remember
    My name is alazyburito.

Default Re: Phase 2 closing soon i think

Yeah it ends on the 19th.

I like the new sound effects and changes to the bnet layout. I found adding friends much easier too. As for what to do when phase 2 ends.. /shrug life goes on and retail comes out only a week later.

watercliff's Avatar Junior Member

I actually can't wait. Once retail release is here, there will be no more time crunches for tournaments or that feeling of "Oh man, I gotta go to work, see the family, do this, do that... AND make time to play Starcraft 'cause it'll be down soon."

I know... damn casual gamers.

Quote Originally Posted by watercliff View Post
    I actually can't wait. Once retail release is here, there will be no more time crunches for tournaments or that feeling of "Oh man, I gotta go to work, see the family, do this, do that... AND make time to play Starcraft 'cause it'll be down soon."

I know... damn casual gamers.
    I`m with you in your,brother -I`m the very deffinition of "casual gamer" maybye thats why I`m an often casualty in 1v1 matches

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by saga View Post
    And what you will be doing when it ends the 19th or 20th i dont remember
    I certainly hope you don't remember what I'll be doing five or six days into the future

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

I thought phase two was gonna go right up till release?>
    ChAoS.800
    US server

Quote Originally Posted by ChAoS View Post
    I thought phase two was gonna go right up till release?>
    No I think they confirmed it will end on the 19th, which is a good thing in my opinion. I will enjoy the 8 day build-up of excitement before release. It wouldn't feel as big of a deal if I could play multiplayer up until the day of release.

Anyways, regarding the new friends system... Does the fact that they assign a character code to each character ID mean that many different people can have the same name?

For instance, I am jabberwookie, but was assigned ID #108. Can someone else create a name called jabberwookie and they'll just assign a new number? If so, I don't really like that system. People should have to add numbers and such themselves if they don't get the name first, and this could lead to much confusion with people ripping off pro names and such. Plus, I want to be the only jabberwookie gosh darnit!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jabber Wookie View Post
    No I think they confirmed it will end on the 19th, which is a good thing in my opinion. I will enjoy the 8 day build-up of excitement before release. It wouldn't feel as big of a deal if I could play multiplayer up until the day of release.

Anyways, regarding the new friends system... Does the fact that they assign a character code to each character ID mean that many different people can have the same name?

For instance, I am jabberwookie, but was assigned ID #108. Can someone else create a name called jabberwookie and they'll just assign a new number? If so, I don't really like that system. People should have to add numbers and such themselves if they don't get the name first, and this could lead to much confusion with people ripping off pro names and such. Plus, I want to be the only jabberwookie gosh darnit!!
    Names have not been unique at any point during the beta. Even when there was nothing after the name (no identifier or #), names were not unique.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

I'll finally be able to play single-player
    summer break will have meaning at long last.

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    Names have not been unique at any point during the beta. Even when there was nothing after the name (no identifier or #), names were not unique.
    Then you're suggesting that during the first part of phase one beta, when RealID friends were not required and numbers were not assigned, if I added TheLittleOne, it would add everyone who is using that name? I kinda doubt that.