Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: New Void Ray trick - "Fazing"

Default New Void Ray trick - "Fazing"

I'm not the inventor. I could have invented it, but didn't.

So, has anyone encountered this micro-trick yet?

For those, who hear this first and think I've gone coo-coo: I have!
    But that happened eons ago and because of other stuff.
    So - "Fazing" is clicking multiple targets with your Void Ray super-fast so multiple targets receive damage instanteniously.

(Don't know how to attach video here, sorry guys )
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=7LDF6iPekYs

There was also a video where a guy "fazed" five Supply Depots, they die as fast as just one would(if Void would fire only with 1st level).

"Fazing" obviously is even more powerful after you charge your Primatic Cores.
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    © Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    © broodmywarcraft

Default Re: New Void Ray trick - "Fazing"

thats a new one..

clearly too powerfull to last; its a bug, and will get fixed.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

? If anything it makes Void Rays able to deal with marines and still be at risk of being shot down. It is more equal than the 6-range dps for marine v VR. Reason why you cannot open void ray now is that the dps is too small for the cost (initially), but with this, it makes the rines more vulnerable to a second round of VR attacks. So, in other words, it makes Void Rays viable for a tier2 unit again, which it had lost.

Also: not a bug because that's how Void rays attack. A channeled beam that can be microed to switch targets. What do you want them to do instead? Shoot missiles?

Proper term would be Exploit methinks.

What!? It ignores the cooldown if you do that? Huge bug!

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    What!? It ignores the cooldown if you do that? Huge exploit!
    Fix'd!

That's not a bug, it works because VR delivers damage instantly.
    And it shouldn't get fixed. We've lost Mutastack, so let's keep at least this.

And I don't say this just cause I'm toss.
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    © Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    © broodmywarcraft

Quote Originally Posted by protoswarrior View Post
    Also: not a bug because that's how Void rays attack. A channeled beam that can be microed to switch targets. What do you want them to do instead? Shoot missiles?
    They attack the same than any other unit, damage - cooldown - damage - cooldown, and so on. If the cooldown is ignored when switching targets, it's a bug.
    A beam would deal damage over time. If you sweep it over 10 different targets, every target would get 1/10th the damage, not the same damage than keeping the ray over one target the whole time.

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    They attack the same than any other unit, damage - cooldown - damage - cooldown, and so on. If the cooldown is ignored when switching targets, it's a bug.
    A beam would deal damage over time. If you sweep it over 10 different targets, every target would get 1/10th the damage, not the same damage than keeping the ray over one target the whole time.
    I agree. Also I noticed before (few days ago) as a toss the cool down doesn't go down. :P I figured it was a bug as soon as I saw it.

Er... wtf are you talking about guys? Void rays never had a cooldown to attack. It was always ZAP-channel energy - channel MORE energy - switch target zap instantly...

And no it isn't a bug as mentioned above: it is an exploit - and I think it was intentional since it takes time to charge up to max and dish out their insane damage. This way, you can never charge up to the max damage ever, but you can deal small amounts of damage cumulatively. No bug here.