Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Anyone can get hold of the "Skeleton Marine" avatar?

Default Anyone can get hold of the "Skeleton Marine" avatar?

Hey y'all! I'm having a ball, and I hope you're doing fine, but after the beta has gone live again, I really miss the 2v2 award for 5 won games, aka the marine who had his face painted as a skeleton.

Since many of you have been able to find all these neat new pictures, I was wondering if you in any way can find the avatar of that "Skeleton Marine" in the beta files somehow. I really liked that avatar, but for some reason Blizz decided to remove it from the beta now, but since they've always been fond of saying that "everything" will be in the files so it can be used, even tough it hasn't made into Campaign, Multiplayer, w/e, I was hoping the avatar was lying around somewhere in the files.

Anyone knows if it's possible to find or not?
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Default Re: Anyone can get hold of the "Skeleton Marine" avatar?

I think it's supposed to be Raynor's power armor, so my guess is it will be unlocked through the campaign. Just be patient, it's only 15 days now .

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

It's not. He's talking about the creepy marine with the skeleton face paint.

I'm not sure where it went but most likely it's the portrait of a campaign unit. Otherwise I don't see any purpose for them making a model for it for nothing.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Most of the portraits we have right now are new. I think hey just removed the old ones so we would focus on the new ones and critique them.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

Well, it's not that they did remove alot. And also, now they've chosen to have marines with paint on the visors instead of the face, which in the Tiger and Wolf case, I really don't like.

The "Skeleton Marine" was really creepy, but cool in a voodoish sense, I really hope it's to be found again in the retail version, but since the most recent marine avatars seem to follow one design rule (on the visor, like Raynor's own skeletal graphic) it would seem to me that the "Skeletal Marine" will not be reimplemented, as it follows a unique and different design idea (the paint on the face instead).

It's therefore I asked if somebody had a picture of it (searched the internet for it several weeks ago, and it was nowhere to be found) so that I could at least see it or use it here in the forums, even though it wouldn't be part of WoL anymore.

Also I don't see why the "Skeletal Marine" should be part of those avatars you don't see in the datamined list of avatars, since it wouldn't reveal anything, unless it was Samir Duran or something, but I really doubt that.
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -

I miss the girl with blonde hair..
    Im not even sure if any of the starting avatars are female.

Quote Originally Posted by Gurluash View Post
    I miss the girl with blonde hair..
    Im not even sure if any of the starting avatars are female.
    Yes, that's another thing. I can imaging the old versions of the Portraits not being used (vulture, immortal, marauder) but what about that load of portraits who are unique in many ways like the Skeletal Marine, The War Pig, Spectre and all those "Recruit" Portraits?
    Will they be re-implemented? I surely hope so. Most of them looked awesome.

And on a side note. Anyone noticed how much the normal Marine UP is way too similar to Tychus Findlay? I mean they both have been around for a long time, but it's only now I really notice the huge similarities.

Also I really don't like that Dustin Browder and that Lead Art Design guy got their face turned into portraits of Merc and Goliath. They just look WAAAAY too geeky and fat to be fighting wars in space. They could have been put in SCVs. Those faces would reflect that better. How uncool is it that the Goliath driver looks like a fat, bald, geeky guy. Could have used Chris Sigaty's face instead. He looks more Heavy Metal!

EDIT:
    Forgot to mention that if you look in the in-game help guide, under the "Party" part of the guide, it shows a very strange looking Marine (looks like tychus, but with different colorings and facial expressions), and a SC1 Hydralisk portrait. I know this could very well be Alpha UPs, but they are kinda funny to notice.
    Also in the same guide under "Achievements" it shows the Phase One Rewards, but not enough to show the "Skeletal Marine", so I can't try to Print Screen or anything.
    Can't anyone find the danged portrait. I miss it so much now, that I can't look at it anymore...
    Last edited by BusinessMonkey; 07-12-2010 at 03:21 PM.
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -

Now that were in the topic of portraits. Wouldn't things be 1,000,000,000,000,000x cooler if we had animated portraits in the BNET interface? Now that's what I would call "2.0".

Play Protoss? Look for the map Photon Cannon Tactics in the NA server!

That would be really cool yes.

I've always envied Blizz posters for having gif pics in their avatars, whereas we would only able to post with standardized avatars of our class/race/lvl.
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Even WC3 had animated portraits. Such a shame that b.net 2 doesn't.