Thread: Dream Diary

Default Dream Diary

So I was surprised by how many responses there were in this thread after I posted a quick dream I had where Kerrigan and Duran duked it out.

This is my latest dream. Before this one, I haven't recalled having any dreams for a few months, so my own dream diary is sparse.

However, among my favorites that I can recall was a very vivid thriller-murder-mystery in the style of an indie movie, where my girlfriend was being hunted by some mysterious stranger, and held for ransom. I can't recall the specifics but the "presentation", as it were, was really neat; it was from the third-person perspective, as though watching an actual movie, with various graphics of newspaper clippings and grunge effects overlaid montage footage.

I don't recall any theme music, though there was a narration...

ANYWAYS! What about you? Have any interesting/prophetic dreams lately?
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Default Re: Dream Diary

To further back up your claim of not being alone, I keep a dream diary of sorts too, as notes for fic ideas. Got hundreds of dreams recorded, but the latest transcript is as follows:

The dream begins with me as part of a group in a huge room filled with water, the only means of passage being narrow walkways (not too disimilar from the Water Temple in Blazing Sword). We run across, coming to a second set of walkways, where some moths are flying about. Upon reaching them, we disapear.

The scene cuts to our new point of arrival, a path across cliffs under a stormy sky. We come across a wedge blocked by a boulder. Above the boulder are flying sharks, on the boulder are birds that have the body of a kiwi and the beak of a toucan and below are worms that look likes the ones from Another World.

We have clue given for us via a map (like the ones in Rowan of Rin) as to which path to take, that we should confront the species that is at the bottom of the foodchain. I interpret this as being the worms and strid forward confidantly. Unfortunatly, I get too close to the sharks and one latches onto my arm, biting hard.

The others manage to get the shark off and bandage my arm. While they're doing it, I realize that it's actually the birds who are at the bottom of the foodchain.

One was prophetic. Back in seventh grade, I had a dream that one of my grandparents had died, but no one would say wich one. This was on the night before a field trip to the Rennaissance Faire. When I came home from the field trip, I found out that my paternal grandmother had died earlier that day.

One was fubar. It started when I was being chased by zombies. After a few minutes, I run into a field of rainbow-colored poodles. The zombies start mutilating the poodles, and that gives me the time I need to run into a building, which is filled with rock stars from the '60's. I notice something in my coat pocket, and pull out a CD with the words "RayCav's Greatest Hits" written on it. RayCav is a guy I know over at ASVS, who is pretty much identical to DemolitionSquid.
    "Sometimes it is entirely appropriate to kill a fly with a sledgehammer." - U.S. Marine Corps Proverb

Another very vivid dream of mine occurred when I was about ten, centering on alien abduction.

Yes, one of those.

My grandparents were visiting us at the time, so it was really weird when the dream began. In my dream, I woke up on the top bunk of my bunk bed, and felt the urge to climb down. I remembered seeing my grandparents sleeping in the lower bunk.

I walked outside, into the hall and to the right, to enter my parents' room.

On the opposite side of their bed was a figure, about my height. It had this odd glow about it. Its skin was the flickering grey, black and white of snow on an older TV set.

It had no eyes, but from the way it moved it looked up from my parents and at me. It slowly went around their bed, made its way to me, placed its hand over my eyes --

and I woke up.

The funny thing about this is, I got the flu something terrible and puked my guts out. Not saying this dream was actually a real event; actually saying the vividness was probably brought on by an intense fever. But man, did circumstances make that dream creepy.
    Aaand sold.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Darn, I can't remember any of my dreams anymore. They immediately become forgotten as I wake up even though I try to vaguely recall what I had just dreamed about.

Interestingly enough though, when I was a little kid I could "wake" myself up anytime I wanted to simply by seeing the Chinese character for "Up". Sometimes it would go so that I felt like I wanted to wake up but couldn't recall exactly what I needed to dream about to wake up, and then it would spontaneously show up. Then I would wake up after seeing it. It's like I told myself to wake up if I saw that character or something, very odd. Haven't been able to do anything like that ever since though. In fact my dreams have become less and less memorable as I've aged.

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    Darn, I can't remember any of my dreams anymore. They immediately become forgotten as I wake up even though I try to vaguely recall what I had just dreamed about.

Interestingly enough though, when I was a little kid I could "wake" myself up anytime I wanted to simply by seeing the Chinese character for "Up". Sometimes it would go so that I felt like I wanted to wake up but couldn't recall exactly what I needed to dream about to wake up, and then it would spontaneously show up. Then I would wake up after seeing it. It's like I told myself to wake up if I saw that character or something, very odd. Haven't been able to do anything like that ever since though. In fact my dreams have become less and less memorable as I've aged.
    That's interesting. I'm working on learning how to get some level of awareness in my dreams. I read about a way you can reach a point where you have 100% control over what you dream, so you can just leave the plot line and turn into the Hulk if you so choose. I can usually pull myself out of a dream, but instead of the Chinese character for up, I just change my dream so I'm deep under-water. I swim to the surface, and I'm awake. I always get up with a huge gasp because of that though, which sometimes freaks anyone in the room out.

I've kept a dream journal, but I am convinced dreams can tell you a lot about the subconscious of the dreamer. That's why I keep track, but it creeps me out thinking that someone who knows what they're doing could learn all about my subconscious if I told them a dream. All I'll say is I once had a dream where an evil old lady on an island was some sort of monster, and I had to kill her to escape. I punched her forehead so hard her eyes shot out.
    "Youíre an idiot, babe
    Itís a wonder that you still know how to breathe"
    -Robert Zimmerman

Starcraft Lore Timeline and Mysteries.

I had another interesting StarCraft-related dream, though this one was different.

I was listening to a radio talk show, and one of the staff here was interviewing a Blizzard employee. They were talking about one of the portraits, I can't remember which one. It was either of a Hybrid or Xel"naga. The employee was expressing regret for having released it so soon in the Beta, and that it spoiled the game itself. The SCL staff had to talk him down from a manic episode and said that, at this point, StarCraft belonged to the people, no longer to Blizzard, but he shouldn't worry about the Hybrid/Xel'Naga spoiler.
    Aaand sold.