View Poll Results: About when do you think SCII Beta will start?

Voters
77. You may not vote on this poll
  • June

12 15.58%
  • ----

10 12.99%
  • July

32 41.56%
  • ----

5 6.49%
  • August

14 18.18%
  • ----

1 1.30%
  • September

3 3.90%
Page 5 of 6 FirstFirst ... 3456 LastLast

Thread: About when do you think SCII Beta will start?

Default Re: About when do you think SCII Beta will start?

It's so pointless to speculate. By now we all pretty much know what the situation is. The game is ready for beta, the devs WANT the game to be in beta, but the infrastructure with B.NET 2.0 needs more work before the game is ready for public eye and any sort of stress test. Anybody that's worked in programming knows that complicated tasks like this could be an uncertainty. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can, but right now they very likely have no idea when the beta will be ready as its completely contingent on them finishing up the B.NET work.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandsnake View Post
    Mid-July since it seems bnet 2.0 isn't even ready to show yet..
    I think they said theyll be showing battle.net in mid July, and probably at that time theyll announce the beta date, so Im guessing late July (like July 2-).

If not, then no SC2 this year.

Well, they also said that before beta, they will play internally with all Blizzard employees. How long would that phase be?
    That phase is over I think.

It's so pointless to speculate. By now we all pretty much know what the situation is. The game is ready for beta, the devs WANT the game to be in beta, but the infrastructure with B.NET 2.0 needs more work before the game is ready for public eye and any sort of stress test. Anybody that's worked in programming knows that complicated tasks like this could be an uncertainty. I'm sure they're working as fast as they can, but right now they very likely have no idea when the beta will be ready as its completely contingent on them finishing up the B.NET work.
    Do they need "B.Net 2.0" finished and working, though? Isn't that mostly the social stuff? From my understanding, they just need it processing and able to support games, not necessarily having ALL the extra features working.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Mid-Late July by the way they're talking in the interviews, possibly (and more optimally) August 1st would be likely.

We endorse the LAN in Starcraft 2 Please. Petition to Blizzard Entertainment.
    http://www.petitiononline.com/LANSC2/petition.html

LANHAMMER: 252,778
    252,778 against the removal of LAN in StarCraft 2!
    IGN's Article Regarding The Petition Reaching 55,000, "...eliminating LAN play reduces choice"

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    They never said that all Blizzard employees are testing the game. Right now, only the SC team gets to play it.

Cafeagles's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Norfindel View Post
    They never said that all Blizzard employees are testing the game. Right now, only the SC team gets to play it.
    http://omgstarcraft.blogfaction.com/...r-at-blizzcon/

"We’ve got the whole company now playing an alpha just in the last few weeks" -Chris Sigaty at around 2:46; this was at Blizzcon 08

Right now I think it will start somewhere between July aaaaaaaand 2011.

This isn't exactly something they're going to be reporting on...

...even though they did.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Bnet shouldn’t take too long... after all they did say it only felt like Bnet 1.9 instead of Bnet 2.0.

Back with all gun's blazing.

Mercatosis's Avatar Junior Member

That phase will be over when the beta comes out. This doesn't mean that they had a planned date for said phase to end that has already come to pass, just that they're still currently in that phase.

Do they need "B.Net 2.0" finished and working, though? Isn't that mostly the social stuff? From my understanding, they just need it processing and able to support games, not necessarily having ALL the extra features working.
    Sure, we could all play on the current BNet, but more than likely the game will require play on (and is probably coded to interface directly with) BNet 2.0. It's hard to say, being that I don't work on the team and i'm not a serious programmer, but I imagine that it's not as easy as just playing on a different server with different software interfaces.
    I'm so bad at SC, but I love it so much!