View Poll Results: Would you like Stukov in SC2?

Voters
55. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes! I really want him to appear!

20 36.36%
  • Yes, but not a priority

11 20.00%
  • Whatever

12 21.82%
  • No, not really a fan

3 5.45%
  • No! Bring Stukov down!

9 16.36%
Page 3 of 7 FirstFirst 12345 ... LastLast

Thread: Would you like to see Stukov in SC2?

Default Re: Would you like to see Stukov in SC2?

Forgive me for being such a newb, but when the HECK did they resurrect him, infest him, and then uninfest him? I never heard anything like that happening at all.
    Without a home. Without a people. Without mercy. The Arcani

Blizzard's Exact Mathematical Definition of Soon™: {soon|1 month<soon<∞}

Another?!

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    When did he get backstabbed by the UED? Besides by Dugalle of course, but they were still best friends in the end, and Stukov still had his loyal guard (some of which might have escaped death). Not only that, the remainder of the UED remnants are all anti Dominion guys, so the enemy of your enemy is an ally.
    Would you trust a man after being at his funeral? I wouldn't. Especially if I found out he used to be infested.

Stukov wouldn't be working with the UED, I think.

Quote Originally Posted by Xyvik View Post
    Forgive me for being such a newb, but when the HECK did they resurrect him, infest him, and then uninfest him? I never heard anything like that happening at all.
    Try here: http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Alexei_Stukov and follow the sources.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

I started picturing myself in their position, man I'd be wide eyed and demoralized after a while. Such irony..their only hope now seemingly is if another fleet is sent.

I loved his character. I loved how the plot played out in BW, with betrayal and sabotage. I liked everything about him.

...until he came back to life.

So no, he died, and should stay dead.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Would you trust a man after being at his funeral? I wouldn't. Especially if I found out he used to be infested.

Stukov wouldn't be working with the UED, I think.
    According to the Wiki Artanis says that Stukov came back to finish his plans. Not only that, it also mentions that he had Terrans loyal to him that were working with him. Although further down it also mentions rebels that used to work with him but stopped because they said he had turned crazy. But I'm pretty sure post-infestion curing most would be happy to rejoin him. They were already loyal enough to dey DuGalle in his name, and even loyal enough to follow him after he died and got infested (although these could be any other Terrans but we don't know for sure).

http://starcraft.wikia.com/wiki/Resurrection_IV
    Last edited by Pandonetho; 07-06-2010 at 10:14 AM.

I voted "No! Bring Stukov down!"

He was the coolest Broodwar UED character, but brining him back as infested 'Zombie' Stukov was probably amoung the top 3 lamest things in Starcraft for me.
    (On par with the idea of Kerrigan getting uninfested and getting back with Raynor)

Now you can imagine what I'd feel if ZombiKov was to make yet another appearance.

On the other hand - If Stukov was to make an appearance in form of yet another flash, or a recording from before his death, then I'm all for it.
    Starcraft universe fan: Singleplayer and novels

Bring him back, top priority.

Surprise, surprise, right?

Was infesting him and especially de-infesting him lame? Absolutely! But now that it's CANON, we may as well take advantage of all the neat things the character has to offer (only surviving UED char? Check! Only surviving post-Zerg char? Check!) and, at the very least, retroactively justify its existence.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Was infesting him and especially de-infesting him lame? Absolutely! But now that it's CANON, we may as well take advantage of all the neat things the character has to offer (only surviving UED char? Check! Only surviving post-Zerg char? Check!) and, at the very least, retroactively justify its existence.
    lol not all this again. I completely agree with you btw, but be prepared for everyone else like Aldrius (if he still posts) to totally oppose you.

I think he has good potential, and working him into the main plot would be cool I think. But I won't be disappointed either if that doesn't happen. I just hope they at least give us some fan service by letting him show up somewhere.

I really liked Stukov...

i think he would be nice if he appeared in SC2 as a side story. Though he cant actaully go out in public cause everyone knows besides Raynor that he's dead. It would shock everyone if they knew he had been resurrected.
    Last edited by AmeftoWriter; 07-11-2010 at 07:04 PM.

Stukov was the best Space Russian Comrade in the whole starcraft universe! Bring him back!!! Not for us, not for Jim, not for Mengsk but for his children!!