Page 1 of 11 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Second phase to start really really soon

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Second phase to start really really soon

and by that I mean a matter of hours or two days, why?
    well the information about battle.net being offline is no longer on the log-in gateway

Last edited by spychi; 07-03-2010 at 03:41 AM.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Second phase to start really really soon

Even if it started in 2 weeks I would consider that really really soon. One month is nothing now, I couldn't care less about beta now that the retail is less than 25 days from release and into my hands.

i reckon the beta will open within 2 days, the error messege mean that they are configering the battle.net, and possible testing it within blizzard,

and for they who say they will be close at july 4th cus its a american hollyday is wrong, u have to remember, Blizzard is a multinational cooperation, huge companys never close.
    and blizzard biggest income sourse is not the US, its mutch more ppl that plays on b.net both in europe and asia. closing a company like that for 1 day, is ecual so lose millions of dollars.

i work within The Volvo Cooperation which own 87% of truck market world wide, they never close, not even on a swedish hollyday. its ppl working there 24/7. ( Volvo Cars is not Volvo Cooperation)

so its as big chance it will open today as it is on the 4th 5th 6th...
    Last edited by Goose; 07-03-2010 at 04:56 AM.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Goose View Post
    i reckon the beta will open within 2 days, the error messege mean that they are configering the battle.net, and possible testing it within blizzard,

and for they who say they will be close at july 4th cus its a american hollyday is wrong, u have to remember, Blizzard is a multinational cooperation, huge companys never close.
    and blizzard biggest income sourse is not the US, its mutch more ppl that plays on b.net both in europe and asia. closing a company like that for 1 day, is ecual so lose millions of dollars.

i work within The Volvo Cooperation which own 87% of truck market world wide, they never close, not even on a swedish hollyday. its ppl working there 24/7. ( Volvo Cars is not Volvo Cooperation)

I didn't say it should be till 4th july or something as I didn't know (till now) what is today

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

no i dont mean that u said it spychi, what i did mean is that allot of ppl have said that blizzard is closed on july 4th cus it apeals to blizzard since it's a hollyday in the US, blizzard have an office in Paris aswell. and the largest comsumers of blizzard products is not in usa. it lives abt 290 mil in usa?, it lives 497 mil just in EU , now we dont count russia or norway who is not a member of EU,

i belive as the topic refeers, it will open really really soon, maybe within 72 hours, like u said, matter of hours or days

Broadside's Avatar Junior Member

Cool, I think it's still a safe bet that phase 2 will start on Monday.

Blizzard may be multinational (though they arent really... the only people outside of america that are part of blizzard are community reps or tech support), but they do close. All of their developers and a lot of their CM's (community managers) take off for holidays. Seeing as how all of the the people that work on the game are in america, it wouldnt be surprising if they took the day off.

As proof of them closing, they have delayed or had the possibility of delaying due to holidays before for WoW.
    http://forums.worldofwarcraft.com/th...cId=2766101883
    (eu people complaining about the delay because of an american holiday, thanksgiving): http://forums.wow-europe.com/thread....geNo=1&sid=1#0

I wouldnt expect anything on the 4th. They are probably working hard to get it out this weekend but I am expecting the 5th.

PS: Spychi, the login has been this way for a few days.

Your source for sound, logical and reasonable responses.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    PS: Spychi, the login has been this way for a few days.

I was just about to post and ask what had actually changed Still, it's a possible sign that SOMETHING is going on and the beta will start soon. We already know that. If it didn't start soon then there'd be no time for the second phase. Didn't they say they'd close the beta mid-July?

every corporation has different policy regarding holidays and days off in the year, there are many corps that are very lenient and do give employees days off. Blizzard is never known as a tyrant company to work for, dont be surprised if they're given the holidays.

I would guess something like 6th or 7th of July...

Kudos to Arkceangel for the Terran avatar and sig!