View Poll Results: Is "StarCraft II: Wings of Liberty" ready for launch? (Not including B.net 2.0)

Voters
119. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes, the game itself is ready

107 89.92%
  • No, it still needs to be fixed

12 10.08%
Page 2 of 12 FirstFirst 1234 ... LastLast

Thread: Is "StarCraft II" ready for release? (Read post before vote)

Default Re: Is "StarCraft II" ready for release? (Read post before vote)

Frenzy and Corruption are indeed boring, but it's a good thing Zerg don't need spells to be awesome!

My only concern are the maps....I still feel that even the more 'open' battlefields still have a lot of natural chokes which can make it too difficult for Zerg to engage in a large mid-lategame battle.

Korean BW maps have such wide open spaces, and Blizzard obviously knows this. Is SC2 balanced around this claustrophobic map design? Will it be unbalanced as soon as you make more of the maps be open ground and increase the maps' size?

Other than this concern though, I'd say the game's good to go ^_____^. I'm sure it'll work itself out .

Oh good! At this point 15 say yes! And then there's nasty evil old me who says no!

Guess I just made everyone's short list. Have watched every video I could get my hands on and read everything I could find, but did not get into the beta; so keeping that in mind ...

Don't like the sound, don't like the music, don't like the art style either. The voice acting is not what it should be, to put it gently. Not sure game will like my ATI Radeon 4850 from tech issues forums. Plus there are hints here and there that the code needs a lot of tightening before release.

Hope I am wrong about the tech problems. My other caveats can only be fixed by heavy modding. You guys get to work!

Me, I am not going to be the first kid on the block with this. I will sit back for at least two or three months and read tech forums, general player feedback. And of course read the patch notes.

I see myself buying it somewhere down the road. Maybe as early as three months after release, maybe a lot longer. It is a game with huge potential. But I have the feeling that Activision is pushing this one out the door before that potential can be realized.

Good luck to all of you who do rush to plunk your money down. I hope you are right and I am wrong. But I doubt it.

Still needs some balance changes, but the game itself is acceptable for release.

Still, the online playability depends entirely on the matchmaker, which is a part of BN2. About Single Player, i have no idea, so i won't vote here.

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    The only difference between StarCraft 2 and perfection
    Hum.. no

I mean I really like SC2 as much as I like SC1 online, I will also love SC2 SP more than SC1. But SC2 is far from perfection, like SC1 was.

it's a good game tho, and it could have been released a year ago if it wasn't blizzard and we would have a fine game. Now it's potentialy a very good one.

Quote Originally Posted by wilebill View Post
    but did not get into the beta; so keeping that in mind ...
    If you haven't actually played it, your opinion means little to the discussion. Wait until the second wave and you should be able to get in pretty easily and then post your thoughts.

Don't like the sound, don't like the music, don't like the art style either. The voice acting is not what it should be, to put it gently.
    Do you like ANYTHING?

Not sure game will like my ATI Radeon 4850 from tech issues forums. Plus there are hints here and there that the code needs a lot of tightening before release.
    My Radeon 4850 works perfectly well. All settings maxed and its silky smooth.

But I have the feeling that Activision is pushing this one out the door before that potential can be realized.
    Yes! Lets wait another two years for them to keep polishing it!

Good luck to all of you who do rush to plunk your money down. I hope you are right and I am wrong. But I doubt it.
    You know you're right about all of this stuff without even having played it?

You made me feel better Hav0x! Thanks for the info on the 4850. Yes, I am an opinionated swine! Someone's got be right, might as well be me!

And if I get into the second wave on beta, then we will see ...

The game is done. They just need to release it to the masses, iterate balance changes and let the meta game evolve.

Expansions will introduce new units and gameplay elements that will hopefully improve the game to something even better than what BW is today.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by wilebill View Post
    You made me feel better Hav0x! Thanks for the info on the 4850. Yes, I am an opinionated swine! Someone's got be right, might as well be me!

And if I get into the second wave on beta, then we will see ...
    I will defend you on this one, SC2 Beta optimalization is not the best from what I saw in games
    and with that graphic engine...well it should run alot better on most of the i7 9xx than C2Q CPU's with the same clock frequency and that says alot
    the engine doesn't use the GPU potential properly, but that is the issue within this beta so it really doesn't matter that much if you have a 4850 or 4870 for example, as the difference in this game is very very minimal at best, while it should depend on the GPU more as most new games do in my opinion as the CPU bottlenecks the whole system nowadays along with the HDD
    soo we should wait for either the second phase or final product
    Last edited by spychi; 06-23-2010 at 09:49 AM.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up

Quote Originally Posted by spychi View Post
    I will defend you on this one, SC2 Beta optimalization is not the best from what I saw in games
    and with that graphic engine...well it should run alot better on most of the i7 9xx than C2Q CPU's with the same clock frequency and that says alot
    the engine doesn't use the GPU potential properly, but that is the issue within this beta so it really doesn't matter that much if you have a 4850 or 4870 for example, as the difference in this game is very very minimal at best, while it should depend on the GPU more as most new games do in my opinion as the CPU bottlenecks the whole system nowadays along with the HDD
    soo we should wait for either the second phase or final product
    RTS games are usually bottlenecked by CPU. All of the pathing and AI going on requires quite a bit of CPU power.

spychi's Avatar SC:L Addict

Quote Originally Posted by Hav0x View Post
    RTS games are usually bottlenecked by CPU. All of the pathing and AI going on requires quite a bit of CPU power.
    yes but Dawn of War II is an exception in some way and I will prove it on my example
    http://blizzforums.com/showthread.php?t=27895&page=2
    here are the few benchmarks I pulled with my RIG
    there is the latest Dawn of War II with Chaos Rising addon upgrade

with the i7-860@3.8GHz and HD 4870
    1920x1200
    Ultra, AAx2 Adaptive AA - quality set and all the eye candy ATI 3D drivers can add

and with the same CPU but with a HD5870 OC'ed
    DoW2 - 1920x1200, ultra settings - same settings as previously

tips
    first score; average FPS, next max FPS and the last score min FPS

Edit: Proper order
    Last edited by spychi; 06-23-2010 at 10:04 AM.

Mass Effect Universe Fan, I support Mass Effect 2 and Battlefield: Bad Company 2 for Game of the year award! ME2 still is being the best rated game this year! Keep it up