Thread: Bay Area Starcraft Lan Party II

Default Bay Area Starcraft Lan Party II

Hey guys, Im relatively new to starcraft legacy however, i have been a member of TL.net for quite a few months now.

Not sure if this is the right section to post something like this but here goes.

Was wondering if any people in the bay area (SF and surrounding region) would be interested in entering a Starcraft 2 Tournament. We have 2 sponsors currently: Alienware Arena as well as Monster Energy Drinks.

All the information is on the original Teamliquid.net thread linked here

if you have any questions don't hesitate to shoot me an email at bayareastarcraft@gmail.com or go to our website: www.bayareastarcraft.com

thank you!

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Default Re: Bay Area Starcraft Lan Party II

LAN? Do mine eyes deceive me?

Also, just so you know, about ten states in America have areas that are known as the bay area. So, for clarification, do you mean California or Florida as these are most common.

-- Nevermind. I'll answer for you

Bay Area Starcraft is a home for the greater San Francisco/Oakland/San Jose Starcraft community

If you took the time to read the op then you'd know where the bay area was. thanks for the redundant info though!

I did read it but "SF and surrounding region" could mean many places, obviously. That's why I asked if you meant California (San Francisco) or South Florida as both are called the bay area. I was just clarifying for you. You should be thanking me.

You catch more flies with sugar, by the way.

I don't think they care where you are from though. Anyone showing would probably be fine. But they held one before that had a youtube video. All they did was had a bunch of computers with beta installed playing on b.net2.0. I think LAN is only referring to the formality in which the place will be set up. Like say an internet cafe.

Quote Originally Posted by SaZun View Post
    I don't think they care where you are from though.
    Of course not, but since it could be on either side of the US, that would be a nice thing to know before you consider participating

Quote Originally Posted by TychusFindlay View Post
    LAN? Do mine eyes deceive me?

Also, just so you know, about ten states in America have areas that are known as the bay area. So, for clarification, do you mean California or Florida as these are most common.

-- Nevermind. I'll answer for you
    Yeah I had to blink ten times and reread the post. I'm pretty sure of all groups/etc ... Blizzard would give TL a "PROFESSIONAL!!" edition of StarCraft 2.
    Sounds pretty sweet...

(Seriously, the whole LAN thing is just god damn stupid. How the hell are random local groups supposed to run LAN parties and etc..like theres a big lan event in my city of Calgary, Canada each year..guess I won't be seeing SC2 there..)

Quote Originally Posted by SaZun View Post
    I think LAN is only referring to the formality in which the place will be set up. Like say an internet cafe.
    Yes, I know that. It was a joke