View Poll Results: Would you like to have SW: BF3 made?

Voters
10. You may not vote on this poll
  • Make the freaking game damnit!

7 70.00%
  • Another SW game?! No way!

0 0%
  • Undecided/IDC

3 30.00%
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Would Star Wars: Battlefront 3 be good idea?

Default Would Star Wars: Battlefront 3 be good idea?

So in request of a friend of mine, I make this poll. Many Battlefront fans are unpatiently waiting for LucasArts to announce the making of the sequel. This has not yet been confirmed except for a leaked video of an unnamed game

(http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=j81I_-uaOqg)

In your opinion, would it be a great hit as its predecessor or just let the Battlefront series die? Here are the Arguments:

In favor:

Hidden Content:
    1. There is room for more story: With the Clone Wars there is a new chapter to be played through. Many other plots and stories are yet to be covered in the third-person shooter, like the Old Republic or the Legacy Era.

2. Video-Game Technology has improved: New graphics, engines and techonologies for the video game industry are now available, and many Star Wars fans would want to see the best-seller in a more modern engine

3. LucasArts's expansion: With games like The Old Republic and The Force Unleashed 2, why can't they make another sequel and enter in the shooter market?

Against:

Hidden Content:
    1. R.I.P. Star Wars: The universe has been seriously exploited. Same stories and elements, another Star Wars game would be useless. Star Wars was an amazing experience, yet its time has passed. Leave space for other stories (liek SC? XD)

2. New Battlefront = Overkill: The game, fans and haters must admit, was a big success. Yeah, it won its awards, it was best seller, etc. but its the same game with new graphics and accesories. Please think of a new plot, I mean, everyone knows the same 6-movie conflict Battlefront shows.

3. Probablitity of success, zero: Why would LucasArts start a new shooter game and expect it to hit big when there are serious competitors like Call of Duty or HALO that have already settled in the market?

Well, since I'm the poll's host, I can't be biased. I chose Undecided/IDC.

NOTE: This was idea of a friend (KeeperoftheHolocron [of the Legacy])

Default Re: Would Star Wars: Battlefront 3 be good idea?

I'd say there's potential, but agree that setting it within the timeframe of the films might be a bit stale. The Old Republic era might be a good bet, considering how the MMO of the same name is building up hype.

Ummm I never liked the battlefront series so I went with IDC.

I'd like to see some wars after Return of the Jedi depicted, maybe Thrawn or even Darth Krayt era.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I'd buy it as long as there is a minimum of 64 players per map. 128 would be good.

You bet your ass it would be! I loved the first two games and had a blast playing them. Would kill for a sequel. #2 is still one of my fave games.

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    I'd like to see some wars after Return of the Jedi depicted, maybe Thrawn or even Darth Krayt era.
    This. I demand the Yuzang Vong and the Swarm Wars!

I'd give it a shot, liked the first two a lot.

Of course...

Star Wars doesn't really need any more movies...its was fine with the first three. But more games are welcome. As long as they attempt to keep things fresh. A Battlefront game taking place in either the KOTOR time period or the far far post ROTJ time period would be awesome. The Rebels against the Empire and/or the Clones(barf) against the Separatists(puke) have all grown very stale.

Definitely i would do ANYTHING for a Battlefront III. Themes clones vs seps and rebs vs imperials are really boring now. What i would love is like something more specific like marines versus assault droid or something. Besides that all the Old Sith Wars would be perfect and from the Yuzhaan Vong and on until second galactic civil war would also be awesome. One more thing that has never been touched in any source that i would like for the game are the Unification Wars, the Force Wars and all that, like, what happened during the foundation of the Republic, that, for me would be awesome
    {███ШШ▒▒●██╣█████████████████████████████████)