View Poll Results: Choose which novel or novels you would like to see.

Voters
26. You may not vote on this poll
  • Uprising

2 7.69%
  • Liberty's Crusade

6 23.08%
  • Shadow of the Xel'Naga

3 11.54%
  • Speed of Darkness

4 15.38%
  • Queen of Blades

3 11.54%
  • Ghost: Nova

6 23.08%
  • The Dark Templar Saga (any combination)

9 34.62%
  • I, Mengsk

5 19.23%
  • Ghost: Spectres

5 19.23%
  • Heaven's Devils

6 23.08%
Multiple Choice Poll.
Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: If they made any SC novel into a movie . . .

Default If they made any SC novel into a movie . . .

. . . which one(s) would you like to see adapted the most?

I myself would probably go for one of these:
    Liberty's Crusade
    Ghost: Nova
    The Dark Templar Saga (full trilogy)
    I, Mengsk
    Ghost: Spectres
    Heaven's Devils

I'm not sure about the last two since I haven't read them.

Default Re: If they made any SC novel into a movie . . .

I'd personally say Speed of Darkness. Novel stands as my third favourite and given the plot's self contained nature, a movie adaptation could stand on its own.

Liberty's Crusade might be the best novel for a movie adaptation, despite it being my fourth favorite novel. You don't need to have played the game in order to understand the events (because it all takes place during Episode 1). It has big characters, big events, and features all the three races.
    Last edited by l33telboi; 06-12-2010 at 12:18 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by l33telboi View Post
    Liberty's Crusade might be the best novel for a movie adaptation, despite it being by fourth favorite novel. You don't need to have played the game in order to understand the events (because it all takes place during Episode 1). It has big characters, big events, and features all the three races.
    As much as I like Nova and I, Mengsk I'd have to vote Liberty's Crusade for the same reason.
    Starcraft universe fan: Singleplayer and novels

Shadow of the Xel Naga is out, as is Uprising. Uprising was... well, not very well written.

I'd say Liberty's Crusade comes too close to needing the games to back it up, but with enough extra included, it could stand on it's own. Ditto for "Speed of Darkness", although it is much more self-contained.

Wouldn't have too much hope for the DT novels, and that's just about all I've gotten around to reading.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I voted all of them because I'm a rabid fanboy. But in reality I think I, Mengsk would make for a good movie adaption. I think it has great character development, a good focus (revolving around the Mengsk family) and plenty of time to introduce the elements of StarCraft to the people who don't know much about it, since it talks about Mengks's father's time, which is way before most of anything else was introduced. It takes us through the Guild Wars with Mengsk, and this allows for introduction to innovated technology such as the Goliath. Hell, it even has a slight romance element to it between Mengsk and his lover.

Liberty's Crusade might be the best novel for a movie adaptation, despite it being my fourth favorite novel. You don't need to have played the game in order to understand the events (because it all takes place during Episode 1). It has big characters, big events, and features all the three races.
    As much as seeing all 3 races is awesome, Blizzard for some reason likes to avoid showing the Protoss, unless it's a hero like Tassadar, Zeratul, or Fenix. They had some blobs for Protoss scouts in the Purging of Shakuras cinematic, but that's about it.

Although, with SCL's First Contact vid done very well, I don't see how Blizzard couldn't do something equally epic with the Protoss warping in as the Norad tries to intercept.

Liberty's crusade or I, Mengsk. Shadow of the Xel'Naga shouldn't have even been on the list.

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

DT Saga & Queen of Blades for the Protoss action. I'd like to see the DBZ/Matrix-style fight between Kerrigan & Tassadar/Zeratul. Yes I realize those are the worst books to make a movie out of, but a SC movie isn't happening anyway.

Well if the movie did have Mengsk, I'd say cast Jack Nicholson as him. (I always saw Nicholson as Mengsk in that small blurry Portrait)

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

If we get the movies I would like them to be produced in th following order.

-Liberty's Crusade
    -Queen of Blades
    -Ghost: Nova, Mengsk I, Heaven Devils
    -The Dark Templar Saga

This could work for a cronological series of movies that wouldn't need the game to be understanded. Though, we might need some content with the overmind and aiur.