Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: All in Vikings!

Default All in Vikings!

Anyone wanna try this out? I'm not a Terran player so I wouldn't be able to do it. But I think All-in Vikings is pretty powerful against zerg? If you hit critical mass you can one-shot overlords. When they see them they're forced to tech to Hydras to try to take you out the air. But did you know Vikings in a 1v1 fight take out hydras?

I suppose you lose if they go zerglings and corruptors. But maybe on some maps you can get cliff advantage over zerglings and avoid corruptors? I dunno... they're pretty mobile. I think with their range they may be able to kite corruptors as well. I'd really like to see someone try this! Plus its kinda hard for zerg to get scouting in without saccing an overlord. So they may not be all that prepared for vikings.
    Last edited by moosh; 06-05-2010 at 03:29 PM.

Default Re: All in Vikings!

Vikings recently got debuffed for their damage on ground. This has quite effectively stopped the viability for mass vikings.
    Click or else your a egg killer. Do you want to be a baby killer O.o?

Quote Originally Posted by moosh View Post
    Anyone wanna try this out? I'm not a Terran player so I wouldn't be able to do it. But I think All-in Vikings is pretty powerful against zerg? If you hit critical mass you can one-shot overlords. When they see them they're forced to tech to Hydras to try to take you out the air. But did you know Vikings in a 1v1 fight take out hydras?

I suppose you lose if they go zerglings and corruptors. But maybe on some maps you can get cliff advantage over zerglings and avoid corruptors? I dunno... they're pretty mobile. I think with their range they may be able to kite corruptors as well. I'd really like to see someone try this!
    A Viking costs 150/75. A hydra costs 100/50. Good luck trying to find fights when you have the same number ... And hydras are smaller, thus and concentrate more firepower.

Vikings eat corruptors. It's not funny, since Corrs cost more, and are less versatile. Poor Corrs ...

And Finally, VIkings are not really mobile. They are damn slow compared with the air units of other races. They call it a fighter, but I think "flying missle tub" is a more befitting description.

They are mobile. They fly. If you micro them you can get them around. Also, from my test, a corruptor does win 1v1... but I agree you can outmicro them pretty easily. Hence why, i'm not sure how one would defeat vikings?

Actually, as I said this last night, a match between TLO and Sen popper up today with precisely the kind of harass i'm talking about.

http://www.youtube.com/user/HDstarcr.../0/hSTSL2NY_9A

Dude have you seen lings vs vikings?
    Click or else your a egg killer. Do you want to be a baby killer O.o?

Quote Originally Posted by minerals View Post
    Dude have you seen lings vs vikings?
    Yea, lings destroy them. But vikings just hop up and leave really easily. Go pick off some more overlords and you're good.

Quote Originally Posted by moosh View Post
    Yea, lings destroy them. But vikings just hop up and leave really easily. Go pick off some more overlords and you're good.
    What I do when I don't have the hydra/spire but have those annoying aerial units killing my overlords...

Make 2-3 more queens and make sure my natural/main is connected with creep with tumor

In fact.. zerg really should always have 3-4 queens around instead of making those spine crawlers or put queen on higher priority then spines... Blood Transfusion FTW
    Last edited by threeright; 06-06-2010 at 12:36 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by threeright View Post
    In fact.. zerg really should always have 3-4 queens around instead of making those spine crawlers or put queen on higher priority then spines... Blood Transfusion FTW
    Queens are generally much better than static defenses

Unless your oponant is hell bent on pouring into your base, you don't usually need static D. When you do need static D, queens are very nice support!

I've never tried all-in, but I have seen pretty large Viking battlegroups go down when I harass their expansions. Hydras destroy them easily.

AFXFTW's Avatar Junior Member

Queens are great at stopping viking overlord harassment when your overlords are neatly tucked into your base, but when it's the lord that's trying to spot the cliff over your natural, the viking long range can keep it just in range of the overlord and out of range of the queen, which means there's no way to hold your cliff at hatchery tech. This can be a big fucking problem in TvZ on certain maps (LT and Kulas mainly). This is exacerbated by the fact that vikings counter corrupters, thors counter mutas, tanks kill infesters before they get into range, and neural parasite is channeled. It's a perfect storm of zerg suckness.