Page 1 of 8 123 ... LastLast

Thread: People not realising when they get outplayed

Default People not realising when they get outplayed

Seriously, I just played a 2v2. I were a bit off and we got pretty rushed. My ally died pretty fast and I was left alone 2v1.

They prompted me to leave since I had already "lost". But I didn't, in the end I ended up winning because of a much greater army consisting of marines, tanks and thors. (first time I use thors good :P)

Well it's much easier to just watch the replay to se what they told me.... (to bad you can't use the minimap)

They flamed me alot that terran was OP and that I should have left etc. because I were just running around hiding from them. (imo they were running away from my army )

Here is what a player told me AFTER the game (because I did win)

Hidden Content:

XXXXXXXXX: sorry, but i think u are lame... cant u just give up and let the other win? omG, u did only build mainbuildings and nothing more, thats lame, but i know u have to play overpowered terran...
    You: LOL?
    Did YOu se my army!!=!=!=!=!
    LOL
    How can I be lame
    When I had an army
    and you two didn't
    Is that lame!?!?!?!?
    XXXXXXXX: i've seen it not only at you... every game with terran the terran fly and fly and fly away and does not give up
    You: well I have seen that to
    but they have never won
    you know why? they only got a command center
    I had a very big army
    which "owned" your armies 2 to 1
    In what way did I cheat?
    The player is ignoring you.

I deleted the name just incase, it doesn't matter really about his name :P

So I am asking you this, was I "cheating" flying around with my bases when the game was 2v1? And then winning. Or was it just them that took the victory before they won and got very depressed.

EDIT: how to add spoilers?
    Last edited by Gifted; 05-26-2010 at 09:37 PM. Reason: changed "spoiler" tags to "hide" tags as it is obvious you intended to do that :) That's how btw!

Maul's Avatar Member

Default Re: People not realising when they get outplayed

Welcome to the heart of 95% of people stating their opinion on something being over or under powered.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Sounds like someone just got butthurt that they were outmatched 2v1 and had to complain about it. IMO, doesn't matter if Terrans ARE overpowered at this point because if they're half-decent then with 2v1 they should still win.

BTW, what species were they?

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

You didn't win a 2v1. Winning a 2v1 would be if you spawned by yourself and then faced them. They rushed and you sacrificed your ally by not sending everything to defend him, and that gave you the economic advantage. This has happened to me literally a dozen times.

Also, people tend to let down their guard when they think they have the game won. The rage is pretty funny though. I love it when they squirm.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    You didn't win a 2v1. Winning a 2v1 would be if you spawned by yourself and then faced them. They rushed and you sacrificed your ally by not sending everything to defend him, and that gave you the economic advantage. This has happened to me literally a dozen times.

Also, people tend to let down their guard when they think they have the game won. The rage is pretty funny though. I love it when they squirm.
    Ok, the topic was a bit missleading. But it's sort of 2v1 :P

It's the second time now I win "2v1" :P

CrowToss's Avatar Junior Member

The most frustrating thing for me has got to be the players that cry h4x0rz as soon as you swat them away, or there's an unfortunate bit of lag on their end. People assume the worst in each other when it comes to online gaming. Hacking defeats the purpose of playing a game if you ask me - it's about competition and butting heads between two "equals", not about running superior 3rd party software. Winning is nice, but hollow if you didn't do it "on the level".
    Last edited by CrowToss; 05-26-2010 at 02:18 PM. Reason: spelling mistakes

I just want to add, that in general my Beta experience has been pretty decent language wise. But reading this, reminded me of my first bad experience, which was actually today. Due to the reset I just chose one of the female avatars for a game (funny enough my friend had chosen the same, I saw when he logged on earlier) and when I played Kulas Ravine and lifted top the gold expo right away, the guy I was playing with might have gotten pissed, I don't care, but I'm the one taking the risk, but on Kulas Ravine it's funny to lift, so I do it often.

Anyhoo. I turtle because I'm in a bad position mining the gold minerals from start, and since he was protoss, I built alot of Missile Turrets, since I'd gotten own in the previous game by DTs (yes I'm not a good player, but that isn't the point ;P), and when he arrived at my base with MASS CARRIERS (btw, I've already written about my troubles there here http://sclegacy.com/forums/showthread.php?t=4401) he starts to tell me off for being a bad player for having surrounded my CCs with a great deal of missile turrets. Just like that. VERY rude language, and as if that wasn't enough he (and that shows just how arrogant and ignorant he was) started to make fun of me since he thought I was a girl due to the avatar I chose for fun. Telling me how me, being a bitch wouldn't know anything of starcraft, bla, bla, bla...

I really tried to teach him a lesson, but I'm a bad player, so ofc he won after some time (tried to micro my vikings better, but only with a little success) and started calling me bitch again and other stuff.
    A guy MASSING carriers, blurting all his offensive crap right at me, and then in the end he even gets to win. Boy was I mad afterwards. It's like playing WoW again... Pfft!

But, yeah. When people are behaving like that, and they even do it against people like us, who want to play, but just aren't adept enough (placement matches woohoo!) it really pisses me off. At least you got to show them a lesson. Well I reported him in the end, but I don't think that does anything really...

Arggh.. The life of a newbie...
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

Am I the only one who's been running into this a lot more since the last patch/reset? I think it has a bit to do with the new ranking system. It ranked me as Gold, but I ended up playing games against players who claimed to be Bronze and yet were favored in the match. So you end up playing against new players that don't really have a clue. They've won a few matches, but they have absolutely no grasp of how good they are compared to everyone else.

Experienced players keep their mouths shut about such things.
    ________
    BUY CANNABIS SEEDS
    Last edited by TWD; 09-14-2011 at 09:23 PM.

LOL I WON???? hahaha epic name.
    Waiting...

The damned will return...

I haven't played any 2v2 yet...only 1v1, but so far I haven't run into any real verbally aggressive players.

I try to be as respectful as I can when I'm winning a match and extremely humble and congratulatory to the other guy when I'm losing.

I kind of look at this game like a chess match. You need to have respect for the game, for the player you are competing against, and most importantly, yourself.

I think a lot of these rage players are either very young, very immature or they're an ugly combination of both. They probably get very little respect in the real world and very much enjoy hiding behind the vale of anonymity that online games provide. In real life, these particular individuals would never carry on like they do in an SCII match.

I guess I'm getting old. Before too long, I'll start calling them young whippersnappers and waving my metaphorical cane at them.