Thread: Issues with In-Game Voice Chat

Default Issues with In-Game Voice Chat

Hi guys,

I enjoy 2v2 ladder matches more than 1v1. Since I team up with a real-life friend we love talking about real issues, as well as the strategy. I recently read the voice chat would finally work, was abot time!!!
    But unfortunatly I don't get it to work!

Are you guys able to use the voice chat?

I can not even hear myself talking while running the microphone test. Even though my friend is able to hear himself while testing his microphone, I am not.

What can I do?
    Did you guys menage to get the voice chat to work?

Thank you.
    bye

Default Re: Use a Headset for Voice Chat

I just use vent, its alot more simple than using sc2 voice chat. You should give it a try there are alot of free gaming servers out there.
    Click or else your a egg killer. Do you want to be a baby killer O.o?

Sarov's Avatar The Enforcer

Default Re: Issues with In-Game Voice Chat

I personally don't chat when I'm playing a game. I type so fast that I can manage to type out a lengthy response in a short amount of time - not to brag of course.

Honestly, I wouldn't recommend the in-game voice chat. I tried using it once and no one could hear me despite the fact that the microphone volume was on max and that my recording volume is on max. It has long been known that the in-game voice chat is terrible. Thus I would recommend using Ventrilo, Teamspeak or another program like those two - those are the only two I know of however.

Also, thread renamed to "Issues with In-Game Voice Chat".

But....but...but Sarov what if your microing and need to get the message out FAST and then you have to type stuff? Talking is always better than typing!

That is true minerals but I usually don't have to micro a lot. That's what teammates are for.

I usually just work on macro and walling in (I'm starting to play Terran more) in the beginning. Of course, I'm speaking of 3v3 play. Once I've walled-in, I begin working on macro while one of the others works on making a defensive force and microing. However, to this date, no one seems to take advantage of the allied control mechanic.

Thats cuz I treat my units as my babies. Would you hand your baby who is extremely fragile and sorrounded by giant armies of monsters to be microd by your "friends"? I THUNK NOT!

Quote Originally Posted by minerals View Post
    Thats cuz I treat my units as my babies. Would you hand your baby who is extremely fragile and sorrounded by giant armies of monsters to be microd by your "friends"? I THUNK NOT!
    What if you want to save your fragile baby who happens to be in your partners base but OWAITSUPPLYWALL is blocking your parental control from removing the viral Zerg plague!

I see no downs to ally control and wish it was used more. You just have to be a slight bit extra careful, if thats a down a all.

Quote Originally Posted by minerals View Post
    Do you want the truth or do you want it disguised as something nicer and wrapped up like a present with a big bow on it?

On topic though, I honestly never really tried using the voice chat while in a game. It never worked and you could never hear anyone. Well except that one time we had a massive party and I randomly decided to freak everyone out by meowing into the mic. Quote DemolitionSquid: "Who is killing kittens by the mic?" Of course, that was the only day that it worked.

deloctyte's Avatar Junior Member

I've been 2v2ing with an RL friend, and the voice chat works just fine for us, but if it's too cumbersome for your taste, really, just grab Vent or Teamspeak, and be done with it the easy way!