Thread: Problem with matchmaking for placement matches?

Default Problem with matchmaking for placement matches?

Is anyone else finding super lopsided placement matches? I have one left, and I had huge losses in the first four, but before the reset I was winning most of my games in Copper. The first time I failed all my placement matches because I didn't really know the game yet, but now I actually know the units.
    It's like I'm getting all Platinum players in my placement matches. They all either hit me with armies way bigger than I have a chance against or have such ridiculous micro that three Reapers are just dancing around destroying everything. Is my luck just terrible? One of the guys I was up against actually had the Overlord icon already.

Default Re: Problem with matchmaking for placement matches?

With the current massive inflation of the Battle.net servers, I'm sure tons of people aren't even getting in games, let alone playing more than one; you may just be getting the first-time (talented) stragglers.

You also have to consider the fact that everyone's ladder just reset, thus many skilled players have yet to take their placement matches again. The "lopsidedness" you speak of is probably a result of this as well.

Needless to say, I know how you feel. I'm pretty sure I just played one of the best players I've ever seen in a 3v3 match.

I was placed too high. Too many disconnects made the matchmaker go crazy, but they seem to have patched it ok. Today i could play without problems.

I ended being platinium, I still feel to noobish to be there... D:

The match making system stuck me in gold, So far I have only 1 game there out 9. It still hasn't moved me to sliver yet.

get your own starcraft 2 signature at sc2sig.com

GENERATION 18: The first time you see this, copy it into your sig on any forum and add 1 to the generation. Social experiment.

match making system is working good for me. No problem what so ever so far so good.
    Last edited by mighty; 02-28-2011 at 01:52 AM.

I disconected from 3 of my placement matches during the bad times and got slapped into silver. I was gold before the ladder change and the people I've been playing were platinum for their leagues. Hopefully I get bumped up soon.

Also I found that if you right click somebody to add them as a friend it just adds their handle and not their email address and full name. So if you can find a way to get them into your bnet2.0 ui you can add people that way.

Ashoto's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Dark-Slayer View Post
    I ended being platinium, I still feel to noobish to be there... D:
    Same here :\
    I won 4 of my placement matches. In 3 of those the other guys didn't even know what they were doing. The system put me in platinum and now I have my ass kicked all over the place. Not fun There is like 30+ people in platinum with zero points. Me included. When will it down-rank me or something?

I'll tell you what's wrong with the placement matches - I keep getting noobish players, so I kept unjustly ending up in Platinum (pre-patch).

I'm currently 3-0, so I might end up being a fake Diamond .

Lol... I got placed Gold, but I am equal in skill to my other friend in Diamond. We beat each other regularly in custom ... so yeah, I think the system is a bit whacked o_O

I admit I only played placements and that was during the lag period, and I lost a couple of games: one due to mis-micro and another due to being outclassed by a top Diamond.

My 2 cents