Page 4 of 19 FirstFirst ... 2345614 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine vs Zealot unarmed

Default Re: Marine vs Zealot unarmend

I think the answer lies not in the Protoss' ability but their mentality. Traditionally, Protoss warriors seem to adhere to the concept of 'honour before reason'; i.e. they will do what they deem honourable and sporting over what is practical. Notice how Protoss warriors focus on direct attacks over AoE whilst special abilities and attributes focus more on augmenting themselves rather than weakening their opponents (e.g. Marauder's slow).

Those roles are instead filled by robots built by the Khalai Caste (i.e. non-warriors). The only time the Protoss destroyed en masse was when they purified infested planets and even then, it was under the orders of the Conclave (non-warriors) and the y weren't happy about doing it.

But how does that mentality fit with the high templar?
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Quote Originally Posted by Kimera757 View Post
    But how does that mentality fit with the high templar?
    I'd say Gradius' answer is a fitting statement to augment mrpeasant's.

I have understood is that they can cause harm through telekinesis, while communicating, something that other protoss can defend themselves
    Last edited by drakolobo; 05-25-2010 at 09:05 PM.

An unarmed, unarmored Zealot in a hand-to-hand with an unarmed, unarmored Terran marine will win very, very easily. The average Protoss is several feet taller than the average human, and has a far greater percentage of muscle mass. A Zealot could literally break a Terran in two with his bare hands.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    An unarmed, unarmored Zealot in a hand-to-hand with an unarmed, unarmored Terran marine will win very, very easily. The average Protoss is several feet taller than the average human, and has a far greater percentage of muscle mass. A Zealot could literally break a Terran in two with his bare hands.
    I don't see why this wasn't said earlier Lol. This match up is very simple. No "what ifs" about it.

It devolved due to discussions about zealot psychic power.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Yeah, because the physical aspect is very simple.

Also the psychic, anyways. I mean, if your only means of communication is to use telephathy, you can turn your whole body into pure energy for a few microseconds, and you can use a limited form of precognition, stunning a guy shouldn't be much difficult, considering it's a telepathic ability.

And there's also my favorite quote on the subject:
    Only a tiny fraction of humanity had any psychic ability at all, and only a small percentage of those could do what the ghosts could do. And from all accounts, even the most gifted, most finely trained human telepaths were pitiful compared to an ordinary, run-of-the-mill protoss.
    Not even comparing against a Zealot, but any Protoss. Not for nothing Ghosts need to use drugs to stun an unaware, completely distracted, unarmored HT. Trying to stun him by using psi would be like shining a lantern into the sun. Hell, i bet that most Ghosts wouldn't even be able to stun a normal guy.

At one point I think the question was: Who would win between an unarmed, unarmored zealot and and unarmed but ARMOURED marine.

I still say zealot. Because they are cool.

Quote Originally Posted by Rake View Post
    At one point I think the question was: Who would win between an unarmed, unarmored zealot and and unarmed but ARMOURED marine.

I still say zealot. Because they are cool.
    I think that question lies in the resistance of the visor, which is likely the weakest spot in the Terran armor. The Zealot has the dexterity to hit that spot. If he can break it, the guy inside is doomed.