Page 15 of 19 FirstFirst ... 51314151617 ... LastLast

Thread: Marine vs Zealot unarmed

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Marine vs Zealot unarmed

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    She also does acrobatic maneuvers that put a Zealot to shame.
    Like what? Zealots have insane jumping skills, and if you look at the way they train in the "Why we Fight" story it's definitely impressive as well.

she has enough psi to levitate herself.
    I'm pretty sure that's not very impressive as far as Protoss are concerned. Nova said she would never levitate during battle because it requires too much power, but every single High Templar in SC & SC2 float on the battlefield all the time (that's why they're so damn slow).

If the Protoss can magically infuse this psi with their body, then I don't see why at least the top Terran Ghost can't do it as well.
    Probably the same reason she can't turn her body into pure energy and back again.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Like what? Zealots have insane jumping skills, and if you look at the way they train in the "Why we Fight" story it's definitely impressive as well.
    She's faster than a Zealot. She does back-flips while fighting Zealots. We see her owning them in SC: Ghost easily. She's good enough to snipe people while dangling from a pipe with her legs. That's how damn good she is.

I'm pretty sure that's not very impressive as far as Protoss are concerned. Nova said she would never levitate during battle because it requires too much power, but every single High Templar in SC & SC2 float on the battlefield all the time (that's why they're so damn slow).
    Neither do Zealots train to levitate either. We don't see them training to blow up the brains of the enemy either. Yet, they're still inferior to Nova as far as agility and acrobatics are involved, even while pouring all their psi into combat abilities. Forming psi blades isn't even an amazing feat, we saw a typical Ghost could form psi blades with just Khalai nerve cords and the right technology.

Probably the same reason she can't turn her body into pure energy and back again.
    Yeah, and Kerrigan can't turn her body into pure energy either, is that somehow indicative of inferior psi power to a Zealot?

Yeah, and Kerrigan can't turn her body into pure energy either, is that somehow indicative of inferior psi power to a Zealot?
    I would think using Psi is far more complicated than "If your this level, you can do the following abilities"

I think turning into light would require a certain biology in order to ensure you don't come out with your eyes in your pancreas.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

I think turning into light would require a certain biology in order to ensure you don't come out with your eyes in your pancreas.
    Yeah, meaning the fact that Zealots can turn into energy isn't really a good indicator for a debate such as this.

I would think using Psi is far more complicated than "If your this level, you can do the following abilities"
    Possibly, but who's to say? So far, it is as we see it from the PSI index. You are of this index level, you can do this. You are 8, you can use telekinesis, you are 4, you become a wrangler because you can detect other psionics. Of course that's regarding humans, so maybe psi is actually different from humans and Protoss? That's what I'm starting to assume is the most logical conclusion due to the mosaic of different abilities that different psionics possess.

Possibly, but who's to say? So far, it is as we see it from the PSI index. You are of this index level, you can do this. You are 8, you can use telekinesis, you are 4, you become a wrangler because you can detect other psionics. Of course that's regarding humans, so maybe psi is actually different from humans and Protoss? That's what I'm starting to assume is the most logical conclusion due to the mosaic of different abilities that different psionics possess.
    Pretty much. Maybe Protoss have a PSI Muscle behind their brains that alters PSI Usage for all we know XD

Gradius's Avatar SC:L Addict

In the latest commercial when Zeratul jumped down to face Kerrigan he broke the floor of the cavern which was made of pure rock. So an unarmed Protoss can clearly take some punishment. Or maybe it's just Zeratul who can do that since he probably increases his vitality with psionics.

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    In the latest commercial when Zeratul jumped down to face Kerrigan he broke the floor of the cavern which was made of pure rock. So an unarmed Protoss can clearly take some punishment. Or maybe it's just Zeratul who can do that since he probably increases his vitality with psionics.
    Actually, there was a behind the scenes clip I saw some time ago where the animators were doing the animations on that particular scene. It showed that Zeratul backflipped from Kerrigan to where he lands, so that was more of an extremely long jump then just falling down. And then after he lands, swirly black clouds start to engulf him (which is a throwback to Queen of Blades where he has said ability).

Quote Originally Posted by Dragoonx View Post
    Pretty much. Maybe Protoss have a PSI Muscle behind their brains that alters PSI Usage for all we know XD

I think the campaign selection screen in SC Vanilla (with the zealot, marine and hydralisk models) sort of confirms this. If you click on the zealot, you'll see a wireframe of the protoss brain structure (which not surprisingly, is notably different from a human's). There is also a region/organ called the 'stimulus psionique'. Maybe that's the 'muscle' you're referring to?

Quote Originally Posted by Gradius View Post
    Breaking floor deals with body mass and toughness.
    But I guess 700 years old Protoss can weigh enough and be tough enough for that. Especially considering the height of fall. Especially considering Zeratul. =)
    "Summer break.
    Nuff said
    Midnight lunch? Eh maybe"
    Noctis

"The war's been fought off our shores for too long... now we shall bring the battle home!! xD"
    broodmywarcraft