Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Lost in Lost

Default Re: Lost in Lost

Very few popular TV shows in recent memory have been able to pull off a really really good ending. Lost is no exception. And I think a big part of that is two-fold.

One: The journey of any story is usually much more enjoyable than its conclusion. Lost will always be an amazing ride.

Two: I think the reason I dislike the ending so much is that a part of me does not want Lost to end. No ending would have been truly satisfactory, but it could have been handled much better than it was.
    Last edited by //MavericK\\; 05-24-2010 at 10:49 AM.

Maul's Avatar Member

Quote Originally Posted by Blazur View Post
    Disagreement here. While they did fail to answer every question, the complete story provided much entertainment and an emotional closing that left quite a lasting impression. I've thoroughly enjoyed watches this series and am saddened to see it end...even thought I'll likely continue to discuss the various theories behind it for years to come.
    But the story is just some cheap trick to keep you watching. The writers never knew half of what was behind the mysteries they wrote about. They were just created for the sake of mystery. I think if they had a plan all along and wrapped everything up into one big "ah-ha" moment and ended the same way it would of been extremely satisfying, but the finale proved they were winging it for almost the entire show.

People never watched the show for the drama. People never talked about the drama. People watched for the mysteries and talked about possible theories as to what is going on. When the creators of the show don't know either I couldn't help but feel used and dirty.
    I really need to change this...
    Check out my maps: Maul's Spirial Turret Defense and Maul's Risk: Bel'shir

Most show writers are winging it at first. They probably have some major overarching themes and plot points, but things fall into place throughout a show's run. Lost's writers definitely did it this way. I'm sure they had a basic outline, but surely did not have this show mapped out at the outset.

And of course they set the show up for us to want to keep watching it. At the end of the day, TV shows are made for one reason...and one reason alone: to sell air time for commercials.

I have to agree, that was the worst 91 hours of my life. To say I'm disappointed would be a vast understatement. I've never been so into and disgusted by anything in my entire life.
    Last edited by SinsWage; 05-24-2010 at 04:14 PM. Reason: actual runtime of series added
    I would rather be a superb meteor, every atom of me in magnificent glow, than a sleepy and permanent planet.

Equi's summary of LOST:
    "Meh..."
    But in an extremly good, entertaining and epic way. I don't regret watching the whole thing. I very much enjoyed the ride.

Scientists measure a second as the duration of 9,192,631,770 periods
    of the radiation corresponding to the transition between the two hyperfine
    levels of the ground state of the caesium 133 atom.
    Or the duration of 9,192,631,770 matches where David Kim crushes you head to head in StarCraft 2

Quote Originally Posted by Equiliari View Post
    Equi's summary of LOST:
    "Meh..."
    But in an extremly good, entertaining and epic way. I don't regret watching the whole thing. I very much enjoyed the ride.
    I definitely don't regret the series as a whole. No way. Just the last episode and a handful of clunker episodes throughout the six year run.

I heard that there are some alt endings floating around...maybe they will be included on the Season 6 dvd set. I'd sure like to see those. Maybe my good ending is buried in there somewhere.

I'm only anout half way through the finale but I have two things to state.

Lol wtf epic jumping falcon punch like move from Jack attacking Locke.

And wtf Linus shouldn't be able to walk after a tree fell on him.

Quote Originally Posted by screw_ball69 View Post
    I'm only anout half way through the finale but I have two things to state.
    You're gonna wish you stopped watching it right about there...everything comes truly unglued after this.

Lol wtf epic jumping falcon punch like move from Jack attacking Locke.
    The Amazing Flying Jack was kind of neat...I thought...but that is not the kind of attack you go for when the other guy has a knife. Besides, Jack has got the whole I-Drank-The-Jacob-CoolAid-So-I-Must-Be-Invincible vibe going. Who knows...

And wtf Linus shouldn't be able to walk after a tree fell on him.
    At first I thought so to...But I think the tree actually just pinned him down. The full weight was on the rocks and not him...I could be wrong.

Quote Originally Posted by Arcanewinds View Post
    I like how the guy in this vid describes his final summation of Lost. The ending is not as important as the telling of the story. My sentiments exactly.
    Last edited by //MavericK\\; 05-25-2010 at 03:55 PM.

I wasn't disappointed with the finale, but I wish they would have done something other than the cliche happy ending.