• Probably will Work

1 50.00%
  • Maybe, Once in awhile it'll work

1 50.00%
  • Definitely will not work

0 0%

Thread: Rough Idea for A strat

Question Rough Idea for A strat

Hey i just came up with this strat/idea in my free time, and i was wondering what you guys think.

(First though i don't actually have the beta, so the strat may not be totally correct or workable. But please don't discredit it already, it can still be modified!!)

So i was thinking for a Terran player, in a map like Metapolis or Blistering Sands, where there are vents or shrubs, the terran player could play some mind games and then by doing that out tech the opponent and win the game. (Keep in the mind the player has to be reasonable skilled).

So as the game starts, you would continue and build SCV's but then at a normal proxy supply, build a barracks inside your base but behind the fog/Shrubs, this would then hide the barracks from the scout coming soon. (i know they cant go behind the vents/shurbs and scout it but during a normal early scout they wouldn't check there as it would be unlikely for someone to build something there at the time.) So when the scout comes and sees that there is no supply depot and/or barracks, a reasonable player would automatically assume a proxy, so there would a be a high chance the scout would then move out of the base and search for the proxy and also for the player to (if zerg) not fast expand and pumping out attack units. Meaning that now the terran can put up a quick wall off, stop further scouting, gain an economic lead and a tech lead as the opponent would be preparing for a rush and proxy while instead the sneaky terran is teching and macroing to steam role his lower tier units later in the game.

Default Re: Rough Idea for A strat

It's doable and viable. I've seen games where Zerg would use overlord creep drop to hide tech from scouts at random, out-of-the-way locations on the map. Any race would be able to utilize this.

Default Re: Rough Idea for A strat

Quote Originally Posted by n00bonicPlague View Post
    It's doable and viable. I've seen games where Zerg would use overlord creep drop to hide tech from scouts at random, out-of-the-way locations on the map. Any race would be able to utilize this.
    O um i think i miss typed/you miss read the thread, i meant this strat to be early game (a begging build order) as to cause the opponent to start to build things to counter something that wouldn't be coming.
    But i guess protoss is also doable :P