Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: Starcraft 2 freezes

Default Starcraft 2 freezes

Yeah that, Starcraft 2 runs perfectly on my computer, but since the last patch, SC2 crash almost always, I mean, during matches the game freezes, if that doesnt happens, when I exit the game, the game crash.

Wat do? should I re-install it?

Default Re: Starcraft 2 freezes

Everyone is experiencing this problem. All we can do is hope they're going to patch the patch.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Everyone is experiencing this problem. All we can do is hope they're going to patch the patch.
    I'm glad to know I'm not the only one with this problem, I was so worried.

I had freezes in some earlier patches. I found that the more I just played custom games (basically, letting the game load up everything it needs), the less frequent the in-game freezing occurred.

As for the freezing upon exit, that's a universal problem that Blizz has acknowledged and will fix in the next patch.

^ Yup, I freeze when I try to exit as well. Just alt-tab and close it from the desktop.

It could also be that you are playing more against people farther away at night time... those living in asia that got a US or EU key.

Play Protoss? Look for the map Photon Cannon Tactics in the NA server!

Twice now, I have had the game lock up right after the loading screen goes away and I get my first view of my CC. I'll highlight my units and poof, game just hangs. Nothing can break it out of this lock either, other than a forced-quit of the program. I don't mind losing, just not like this.
    Last edited by //MavericK\\; 05-11-2010 at 09:25 AM. Reason: Left out a word

TheVidaar's Avatar Junior Member

My PC freezes only when i exit the game,not during matches. But still,i must reset my PC. Me no like this.

My pc never froze mid game but it always does when I exit...so now insted of exiting I alt+tab right click the sc2 icon on taskbar and shut it down.

Spychi suggests logging all the way out before you shut down SC2. Guess it stops the freeze on the Polish version at least.