Page 73 of 75 FirstFirst ... 23637172737475 LastLast

Thread: Post your picture thread v1

Default Re: Post your picture thread v1

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    The Ex was a bullshit handwave and either retconned or ignored several important aspects of the original ending, like the mass relays exploding in the original but not in the Ex.
    If the Indoctrination Theory was not canon, then the 'waking up in rubble' scene would have made absolutely no sense, because the Citadel was destroyed. Likely why they retconned it.
    Last edited by LestersPetZergling; 10-17-2013 at 11:12 AM.

If the Indoctrination Theory was not canon, then the 'waking up in rubble' scene would have made absolutely no sense,
    But Sheppard being resuscitated after falling onto a planet's surface from mid-orbit does make sense.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Guys seriously I am making a new thread for this

Quote Originally Posted by Visions of Khas View Post
    But Sheppard being resuscitated after falling onto a planet's surface from mid-orbit does make sense.
    Whilst a pile of meat, no less.

IMG_0268.JPG
    This is how it looks like now
    IMG_0249.JPG
    this is how it looks few weeks after the amputation

I had a picture of my whole finger before the amputation but I deleted it

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Oh wow, my deepest, sincerest condolences.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 11-13-2013 at 03:07 PM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

I never thought Ikea could be so dangerous...

I guess I share my close to death experience with an onion shredder. Damn that thing is the spawn between Mephisto and Diablo grown in Adria's womb while she drank onion liquor. It made you cry for hours after being exposed to onion fluids and gore. The feeder looked like the deathliest thing and it almost grabbed me by the tie. Had I not seen my tie dangling around, I would have probably lost my face. Some years later I learned someone lost three fingers at the onion shredding station.
    Last edited by The_Blade; 11-13-2013 at 03:26 PM.

Well danger at work is constant as in any factory with machines that cut, drill, press or do whatever stuff like that and the company renamed because there was a merge in plans 2 years ago, from Swedwood now Ikea Industry.

About my accident: It happened on 19 of august 3rd night shift, first hour of work 11 pm, I was working with a guy that was that day a little bit over me in hierarchy and we had a material change, I was ordered by that guy to repeair an air powered cylinde, the machine was still running they guy left to the mechanic few meters away, that cylinder was behind a cog belt, everything was going well last few pulls on the screw but I needed to reach a little more with a little more force to do it, then the belt pulled my hand in to the cog and as soon as I realised my hand is in it I pulled it out and I saw that I dont have a finger, I've looked at the exposed bone and started looking for the rest only to find out that "the rest" hangs on a less than a quarter of inch skin so I pulled it back on... men I was looking at it for a while then I started yelling at the other guy that I lost a finger and he needs to call an ambulance, he started laughing (I still have all this in my head his smile and all that) when he realised that I wasn't joking he started to take actions.
    I was loosing blood rapidly, my first (not the thumb) and second finger were also damaged, when I saw what happened to my hand I didn't want to look at it cause I knew that it was serious, I felt the pressure loss I started sweating, everyone* came down and started panicking they didn't know what to do**... they said I need to sit when I knew that I need to lay down and have my hand above my body level... they also wanted to put a pressure belt on my wrist that was also a fucking bad idea.
    I started punching the ground with my other hand, I was soo fucking angry at myself and I feared of what my gf would thought about me not having a finger.
    The ambulance came in about 10 minutes, when we arrived to the hospital the doctor layed sutures on the first two finger and stiched up the decapitated one.
    After first week that stiched part became dark almost black as it was obvious they can't save it, smashed too much... so the doctor set an appointment for amputation.
    During the amputation I was put to sleep when I woke up the pain, the burn everything ...that was the worst pain I have ever felt in my life, for three hours it was like someone was torching my hand, pulling it out while smashing it with something heavy... really I have kidney stones from time to time but this shit was unbearable.

I must say I was lucky because if I didn't pulled out my hand immediately I would lost my hand or even my whole arm; the belt would force my hand through two cogs.

Also the accident report stated it's the company's fault and that guy who ordered me to fix that stuff not mine
    *it's a small division with technological innovations not many people work there about 5 per shift, it's called the 3D division
    ** some of people that work there have a special first aid training
    Last edited by TheFunnyOne; 11-13-2013 at 04:11 PM.

deleted
    Last edited by Arkalis; 11-24-2013 at 01:41 AM.

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

The best of luck to you, Spychi. I hope it all works out for you in the end.

Quote Originally Posted by Arkalis View Post
    Since this thread has been a blast lurking and it would suck if it was taken down, I'll help keep it on topic
    Attachment 2324
    You must be joking. As if this forum cares about what you look like when we're talking about the real life problems of a long-time member. I'm going to have some of the Mexicans around here call in favors and have you smacked around a bit.
    Last edited by TheEconomist; 11-15-2013 at 11:13 AM.

Rest In Peace, Old Friend.