Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Obelisk Update from Karune

Default Obelisk Update from Karune

Karune

The Obelisk is the new name for the Dark Pylon, and the Dark Shrine is the new name for the Dark Obelisk. The Obelisk still has the probe buff, but now also acts as a shield generator, and still has Argus link to transfer energy as well. The cloak ability has been removed from the Obelisk. The Dark Shrine remains the same in function, allowing the production of Dark Templars.
    I still phucking LOTHE Proton Charge.

Default Re: Obelisk Update from Karune

Nice find DemolitionSquid .

Hmm... I still don’t like having to build a building just for DT’s, I always liked the templar together... but we’ll see how that plays out. I wonder how proton charge is fairing in their tests...

Back with all gun's blazing.

Hmm... I still don’t like having to build a building just for DT’s, I always liked the templar together... but we’ll see how that plays out. I wonder how proton charge is fairing in their tests...

Maybe, but it's impossibly unfair having both at the same building.

At least for such high profile units that have such different counters. I guess Colossus and Warp Prism have the same requirement now, but eh... they're more alike than the Dark Templar/High Templar.
    Last edited by Aldrius; 06-11-2009 at 03:16 PM.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

I guess Colossus and Warp Prism have the same requirement now
    Huh? The Prism just needs a Robotics Facility, like the Shuttle before it. The only change in that part of the tree was moving the Observer up to the Robo Facility.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Tritanis's Avatar Junior Member

Dark Shrine should have ability to cloak nearby units/buildings. It would have some uses at least...
    Last edited by Tritanis; 06-11-2009 at 04:16 PM. Reason: .

I live , I serve , I die for the Metal

areese87's Avatar Junior Member

Proton charge doesn't seem to be my cup of tea, though the other two abilities I definitely approve of.

"Loathe" is the spelling, btw.
    Itís a shame that there is no hell for Falwell to go to, and itís extraordinary that not even such a scandalous career is enough to shake our dumb addiction to the ďfaith-based.Ē[/SIZE]

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I still phucking LOTHE Proton Charge.
    Same here, it's just plain unimaginative. As for the rest of it, meh, nothing real interesting, Shield Rechange is better than the cloaking thing was, but that's it. One complaint I do have is the Dark Obelisk/Shrine I mean come on it's utterly junk, even the Null Circuit has upgrades.

As for the rest of it, meh, nothing real interesting, Shield Rechange is better than the cloaking thing was, but that's it.
    You're entitled to your opinion... but...

Like hell it is!

Huh? The Prism just needs a Robotics Facility, like the Shuttle before it. The only change in that part of the tree was moving the Observer up to the Robo Facility.
    I heard they moved the Prism up a tier, I forget where I heard that, though...

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by areese87 View Post
    "Loathe" is the spelling, btw.
    I know, I was angry.

Hulk smash!