Thread: How much longer will the beta last?

Default How much longer will the beta last?

This question mostly goes out to the people who participated in earlier Blizzard betas (to give a good estimate). When should the beta be ending? Is it usually immediately before the release, a week, few weeks?

Because I first though the beta was ending in late May because of this; but maybe I misunderstood that, and the deal only lasts until that date. It wouldn't make sense to stop the beta 2 months prior to release.

Andromines's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: How much longer will the beta last?

Hopefully not May 17th... I just got my key today!

TheEconomist's Avatar Lord of Economics

Mid-July

probably mid-july like tychus said, Blizz prolly wants to keep getting data for patches and whatnot until the last minute and they have to configure the patch for release

I hope we get to see what Battlenet 2.0 will actually look like in release before the beta ends.

IIRC, the beta for Warcraft III: RoC and Wrath of the Lich King ended one week before the release dates.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."