Thread: 4 Rax Marine Strat

Hoywolf's Avatar Junior Member

Default 4 Rax Marine Strat

So I watched one of Crota's shoutcast, with Marrow just building a ton of marines, with 4 rax, then bunkering up at the base past your natural expansion...

I dont see how turtling can win you the game? He was fighting a protoss, forgive me if i dont know the name... But one game he rushed into the bunkers and lost, the next game he had enough to push in and win...

My question is, if the Protoss decided to wait and tech up, what can the Terran do, with no gas to tech up, also if the Protoss does indeed wait, how can the Terran now take advantage of the situation?

-I cant link the videos from youtube because my work blocks it I'll try to get the link up when i get home.
    Last edited by Hoywolf; 05-04-2010 at 01:03 PM.

Default Re: 4 Rax Marine Strat

I did a TvT once where I was trying to tech to banshies while my oponet fast expanded and did a 4 rax strat. It destroyed me utterly, I didn't have enough defenses.. Generally I think that is from a zerg players standpoint to overwelm with cheap numbers and some upgrades rather then turtling, because if you do that and leave some one alone for too long they probly will just tech to collosi
    See my shoutcasts for starcraft two updated daily on www.youtube.com/donatzor!

Tune into my daily livestream starting may 3rd at 4PM EDT to 6PM EDT! www.livestream.com/donat

I belive thats a build dubbed the morrow build.

You don't take gas and you get 4 rax marine pumping and a expo going, and once you have ure expand you take all 4 gas at once and build bunkers at your choke to defend against a warpgate push.

This build allows you to get a expo before the toss player(most of the time) and survive any kind of push they can do to stop your expo.

Currently I've been doing a more aggresive variant to push 1 gate teching players, where you push out with your 20 marines leading with 3scvs...sometimes you can deal alot of damage.

You get your 4 gas running pretty fast and you can catch up in tech very quickly
    Last edited by Islandsnake; 05-03-2010 at 07:52 PM.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

i tried something similar, pushing out to my expo with marines/bunkers very early. i was only -just- able to hold onto my expo when he attacked, but i quickly rebuilt my forces, and soon i had a big econ advantage.

he wasn't the best toss player i've ever played though, so we'll see how that works against others.

Hoywolf's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by Islandsnake View Post
    I belive thats a build dubbed the morrow build.

You don't take gas and you get 4 rax marine pumping and a expo going, and once you have ure expand you take all 4 gas at once and build bunkers at your choke to defend against a warpgate push.

This build allows you to get a expo before the toss player(most of the time) and survive any kind of push they can do to stop your expo.

Currently I've been doing a more aggresive variant to push 1 gate teching players, where you push out with your 20 marines leading with 3scvs...sometimes you can deal alot of damage.

You get your 4 gas running pretty fast and you can catch up in tech very quickly
    I editted the name, it is Marrow, i guess that is how you catch up with a 4 gas and tech to what you need, either mara or go air.

I did a TvT once where I was trying to tech to banshies while my oponet fast expanded and did a 4 rax strat. It destroyed me utterly, I didn't have enough defenses.. Generally I think that is from a zerg players standpoint to overwelm with cheap numbers and some upgrades rather then turtling, because if you do that and leave some one alone for too long they probly will just tech to collosi
    This is not really what i was referring too, because Marrow does not buy gas at all till he has a huge amount of marines. I guess against P this automatically cancels out a VR counter, because the marines will eat you alive, and forces you to stay on the ground.