Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Hotkeys

Default Hotkeys

A couple things about Hotkeys:

1. If I have 2 rax hotkeyed (1 with tech lab, 1 with reactor) and I press "a"--I want a marine to build out of the reactor core!

2. Why can't I hotkey all of my production buildings (starport, factory, rax) and just produce from that hotkey? E.g. "a" for a rine, "e" for a banshee, etc.

3. What are terran players using for hotkeys?

I usually do my command centers at 3, raxs at 4, factories 5, starports 6; first scout 1, then later army 1-2.

Fyrinite's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Hotkeys

Lol, ok.

1. Use tab to switch between different subgroups to get to the reactor. The game cannot assume what you want to do.

2. Because not ever unit has unique hotkeys. You can tab through all the buildings if you hotkey them together.

can't answer the last, don't play terran.

Quote Originally Posted by Fyrinite View Post
    Lol, ok.

1. Use tab to switch between different subgroups to get to the reactor. The game cannot assume what you want to do.
    tab. Okay. Thanks.

2. Because not ever unit has unique hotkeys. You can tab through all the buildings if you hotkey them together.

can't answer the last, don't play terran.
    Terran units all have different hotkeys.

Fyrinite's Avatar Junior Member

Every single one? Hmm...well the other reason is how the command card shows up, amongst other things, so that you can know which subset of buildings you're building them at.

Every single one? Hmm...well the other reason is how the command card shows up, amongst other things, so that you can know which subset of buildings you're building them at.
    I just noticed that marauder and medivac both use D. But other than that!

Quote Originally Posted by BranE View Post
    I just noticed that marauder and medivac both use D. But other than that!
    What if you want to build marines/marauders and it insists that your barracks with a tech lab build said marines?

Removing control is not always a good thing

Quote Originally Posted by TheRabidDeer View Post
    What if you want to build marines/marauders and it insists that your barracks with a tech lab build said marines?

Removing control is not always a good thing
    You just hit "tab" like he said to select the barax's with the Tecklabs (there will be a T on the hud next to the icon) and then hit A.

You also have to do this if you have widely varied armies, like if you have tanks and vikings for example, they both use E and D for both transforms respectively. you need to tab between the two to use it.

I use
    0 for my OCs
    9 for my research
    8 for my production
    7 for my nukes (if I got 'em)
    and the rest for whatever else may come up.

My current issue is using the rally point when all of my production is selected. Instead of setting the point for the sub group I have tabbed to, it sets it for all of them. It would really be nice if they separated the rally command according to which sub group you have tab selected.

Not too bad an idea, if their going to separate the production they my as well separate the rallys... still would be annoying.

Quote Originally Posted by Donat View Post
    You just hit "tab" like he said to select the barax's with the Tecklabs (there will be a T on the hud next to the icon) and then hit A.

You also have to do this if you have widely varied armies, like if you have tanks and vikings for example, they both use E and D for both transforms respectively. you need to tab between the two to use it.
    I was saying what if the thread creator's idea would come to fruition of not needing to tab through production buildings.