Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: When is the real StarCraft 2 coming out?

Smile When is the real StarCraft 2 coming out?

haha i was just wondering when the game will be coming out

but other than that hey guys im new to this fourm ive been playing sc2 beta for about 2 weeks now and im loving it

hope to get a long with you guys

-dopebomber

Default Re: When is the real StarCraft 2 coming out?

Sorry to be unhelpful but the answer to that question is "when it's ready". There's no official release date or known schedule beyond some time this year. Some people are hoping for a June release while others are saying to expect it a couple weeks or so after the end of beta. However, this is all purely speculation at this point in time.

oh darn it..
    oh well beta if fun
    but also when is the 3v3's and 4v4's coming out does anyone know?

Nobody knows if the 3v3s and 4v4s are going to be shown in the beta.

I myself, who is basing my speculations on the facts that most places you can order SC:2 have a end June date, and if you see the April 18 Q/A on the site you can see that SC2:WoL is pretty much ready for launch, and that the thing keeping them from releasing is finalizing the basic aspects of B.net which won't be polished until after launch through patches and expansions, believes 3v3 and 4v4 will be implemented, but it won't really play much into the release date, since Blizz says they've pretty much narrowed in what is basic for them.

So it looks like SC2:WoL will be released end June. And btw, SC:BW took several years to balance fully, so we'll prolly be seeing alot more patches and changes in the future. ;P http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=r4ijwtGCaRg
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy

ohh haha i see

thanks for all the info i really learned from it

the latest the game will come out is July, but im expecting it out by the end of may/june.

The main reason this is fact is because of Cataclysm, the products cant be released too close to one another as that will cut into sales (blizzard is a company and they need money to do things). To be completely honest, i expect the final release to be out within days at most a week or 2 after the beta ends because patches can be deployed the day of release to bring the final version up to date.

but i read other stuff and they been saying patches dont make the final starcraft 2 come out

The game coding may be ready, but the length of beta is determined by balancing issues. Every time Blizzard makes a patch, they fix some issues but introduce new ones. Eventually the game will be balanced enough for release, but no one really knows when that will be.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

no im saying that the retail version can be version 0.0.0, however after you install blizz can make us download a patch right there that brings the game up to version 1.0 or whichever version we get to in the beta. Get what i mean? Considering when you install the game, for that first time SC2 has to connect to the net so DL'ing a patch isnt that far-fetches a thing, again this is a possibility.

6-13 unless something goes terrible wrong.