Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Gabriel Tosh

Default Gabriel Tosh

Spoilers below!

Hidden Content:
    We finally have a confirmation on the identity of our first known spectre. None other than Gabriel Tosh! I'm loving this guy more and more. Such a badass.

Default Re: Gabriel Tosh

What's your source?

Hidden Content:
    Him collecting Terrazine does not mean he's used it before or intends to use it on himself.

Unless you've got something else that I've missed completely.

I'm skeptical too. We know Tosh apparently commands Spectres, his assembling of them I'm guessing will be the basis of the plot of Spectres itself, but he doesn't strike me as the type personally.

From the Kotaku write-up about the Single Player stuff they were shown.
    Hidden Content:
    Following a successful win of "Welcome to the Jungle," during which we dug up a trio of Protoss artifacts as an added bonus, we found out why Tosh wanted that Terrazine so badly. Turns out that, unbeknownst to Jim Raynor and the crew of the Hyperion, Tosh is a Specter, a more elite version of the StarCraft Ghost unit. Combine one Ghost, one dose of Terrazine and the galactic element Jorium, and you get a Specter. The fact that Tosh decided to keep that information from Raynor didn't sit well with him, establishing some tension between the two.
    http://kotaku.com/5522076/starcraft-...o-the-campaign

Figured most people would have read it when it was posted in the event thread. Should havecited it anyway. My bad.

What I'm wondering is if Spectres require a constant supply of Terrazine to stay "juiced" if you will or is it just a one time transformation?

He sure looks like a spectre there to me. I don't remember any ghosts having glowing red eyes.
    Last edited by Hav0x; 04-24-2010 at 04:24 AM.

Based on artwork of Spectres and the profile depicted in the beta of them, I'd say Tosh looks like a Ghost. Still, I don't see any reason not to believe kotaku.

It seems that Tosh is intent on striking at and assassinating Mengsk with a group of Spectres. I see no reason why he wouldn't boost his own abilities as well, unless there are some side effects.
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

I wonder if the 02 on Tosh's knee armor means anything, like a registration number, meaning he's spectre 02. That raises the question of who is spectre 01.

Also, I think terrazine may be much more significant than just allowing Terran to become spectres, the Tal'darim referred to it as "The Breath of Creation." They consider Xel'naga to be gods and creators, meaning that terrazine is probably strongly connected to the Xel'naga.

One more thing to throw in, the green glowing ghost in Hav0x's avatar is an artwork from Sons of the Storm, the title is spectre. I'm wondering why it makes one ghost glow red and the other glow green, is that just an artistic choice or does it have some significance?
    Last edited by Roland; 04-24-2010 at 11:19 AM.
    "Youíre an idiot, babe
    Itís a wonder that you still know how to breathe"
    -Robert Zimmerman

Starcraft Lore Timeline and Mysteries.

"The Breath of Creation?"

Would that mean it's had an influence on the protoss, or was an element in their creation?

Either way, it seems as though the terrazine gas tanks were Xel'Naga leftovers, so yeah, I'd say there's a strong connection, Roland. =P
    Aaand sold.

Be it through hallowed grounds or lands of sorrow
    The Forger's wake is bereft and fallow

Is the residuum worth the cost of destruction and maiming;
    Or is the shaping a culling and exercise in taming?

The road's goal is the Origin of Being
    But be wary through what thickets it winds.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Based on artwork of Spectres and the profile depicted in the beta of them, I'd say Tosh looks like a Ghost. Still, I don't see any reason not to believe kotaku.
    Well, remember the artwork from Blizzcon? The one with the green ghost.

IIRC, apparently it was a specter. (I can't remember how that conclusion was came to but I think Kimera or someone else said it, I think there was the word specter on it somewhere maybe).

In any case, if it IS a specter, it looks like a normal ghost. Which kind of makes sense, I don't want Terrazine gas turning awesome looking ghosts into ugly ass monsters (like the early art works we've seen).

Quote Originally Posted by Pandonetho View Post
    Well, remember the artwork from Blizzcon? The one with the green ghost.

IIRC, apparently it was a specter. (I can't remember how that conclusion was came to but I think Kimera or someone else said it, I think there was the word specter on it somewhere maybe).

In any case, if it IS a specter, it looks like a normal ghost. Which kind of makes sense, I don't want Terrazine gas turning awesome looking ghosts into ugly ass monsters (like the early art works we've seen).
    I mentioned that 2 posts above you... The artwork is labeled Spectre on Sons of the Storm. Assuming the artwork of Tosh is of him as a spectre, then it seems to just make them glow, like Protoss psi and general art does. Maybe it's just the nature of enhanced psi abilities. I also think that if the Xel'naga really used it for themselves Blizzard would retcon the whole mutation thing, as that would destroy their Purity of From.
    "Youíre an idiot, babe
    Itís a wonder that you still know how to breathe"
    -Robert Zimmerman

Starcraft Lore Timeline and Mysteries.