Page 1 of 6 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Post-patch8 ZvZ

Default Post-patch8 ZvZ

Haven't had the chance to play in this patch yet.
    Any impressions on ZvZ and zerglings viability against roaches? I guess they own pretty bad and don't even need their +1attack so early anymore.

This'll definitely be very interesting, bringing zerglings and banelings into the mix a whole lot more.

edit: obviously they act like +1 zerglings, but my questions is more along the lines of how that affects ZvZ early game and preventing the roaching player from massing up a decent sized ball.
    Last edited by Hammy; 04-08-2010 at 04:35 AM.

Default Re: Post-patch8 ZvZ

+1 roaches still kill them in 2 hits.

I don't think lings are going to be viable besides for very early and for runnbys and I don't really think they should.

Honestly Playing ZvZ with lings is very annoying - Roaches arent so bad really

With all these changes the matchup will continue to grow, and I eventualy see some interesting builds coming out!

Everyone seems set on with trying to use lings instead of roaches and I really don't understand why there both ment to be massed and both are tier 1, ONE of them is going to be dominant and it happens to be roaches.
    Last edited by Islandsnake; 04-08-2010 at 05:38 AM.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Quote Originally Posted by Islandsnake View Post

Everyone seems set on with trying to use lings instead of roaches and I really don't understand why there both ment to be massed and both are tier 1, ONE of them is going to be dominant and it happens to be roaches.
    What's funny is the metagaming already going on because of this .

I just lost a ZvZ because I went mass lings expecting Roaches, when my opponent (without even needing to scout) went for Zerglings/Banelings .

i had fair ling success earlier and expect it to be much easier now - when opponents still insist on roaches that is.

roaches will again gain the upper hand once they're upgraded, but the first upgrade is countered by ling armor, second upgrade comes late enough to keep things interesting.

also, the hydra nerf is good for ZvZ as it makes mutas slightly more viable
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Islandsnake View Post
    I totally agree. I continue to use roaches as the bulk of my strategy. However, I do find that it makes having a mixed army slightly more helpful. However, the change does make mixed forces more useful. Building zerglings after you run out of gas doesn't feel quite so pointless now. The changes also make mutalisks slightly more viable.
    ________
    Bonny cam
    Last edited by TWD; 09-14-2011 at 09:10 PM.

I beat a Zerg with blind, 14-Hatch Speedlings +1. He was going fast-Hydralisks and expanded way too late.

Granted, he also never bothered to defend his choke well. He left his units around his Hatchery, which allowed my Zerglings to take them out with ease.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Fast hydras lol

I've been going lings on scrapyard, that ramp is annoying to hold with roaches

And good god do I hate ling vs ling haha
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

ling vs ling will get caotic as hell due to banelings

lings are seriously viable now. just make sure you see the enemy comming if he goes roach and decides to attack, so you can both counter attack and defend accordingly - simultaniously.

im yet to face someone woh understands to upgrade roach attack though... prolonged ling-use need to spread pretty far for roach palyers to start using early evo though, and if they do... taht early 100 fas to start upgradin means 4 less roaches, which can be significant. if they delay the upgrade, lings may well be clsoe to 1-1 before it finishes.

cooles would be to see roaches used more selectively isntad of massed or ignored; used to hold chokes vs ling harass..
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.

Hi.

Chastity's Avatar Junior Member

I personally love using lings for probe harassment in the early of the game thats all they seem useful for...besides that roaches usually have the upper hand.

oh the ignorance.

lings are teh pwn in too many scenarios to mention.

Hi.