Page 13 of 13 FirstFirst ... 3111213

Thread: Patch 8

Default Re: Patch 8

You can't kite forever Nicol. This isn't WoW arenas. Their are like, bases you have to defend nicol. And walls.
    We're talking about a Marauder rush. So the Protoss is defending and the Terran is attacking. That gives you plenty of room to kite as you see fit.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

Banned

the changes seem good in theory.
    I like how they are gradually reducing the hard counter system and going towards a more reasonable damage system.

Sentries screw up large amount of marauders that every try to kite past a choke. Separate half their army at a time with force fields, kill the small force with zealot/sentry. Once you can get a few immortals out, sentry/immortals can deal with bigger marauder pushes.

I foresee a sentry nerf next.

Sentries screw up large amount of marauders that every try to kite past a choke.
    Marauders happen too soon for such a gas-intensive unit. Not unless the Protoss suicide-techs for them. That's why the research was added; to deal with a specific timing of Marauders.
    "When I became a man I put away childish things, including the fear of childishness and the desire to be very grown up." - C. S. Lewis

"You simply cannot design a mechanic today to mimic the behaviour of a 10-year old mechanic that you removed because nearly nobody would like them today." - Norfindel, on the Macro Mechanics

"We want to focus the player on making interesting choices and not just a bunch of different klicks." - Dustin Browder

StarCraft 2 Beta Blog

i think if they charge for the maurders cocussive shells the Roaches abilty to heal quickly while burrowed should also be reachered from the warren seems only fair

Quote Originally Posted by Tcslayer View Post
    i think if they charge for the maurders cocussive shells the Roaches abilty to heal quickly while burrowed should also be reachered from the warren seems only fair
    I agree. Roaches should have four upgrades. That would make total sense.

It's not like Zerg players need to pay to research burrow or anything.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Tcslayer View Post
    Solid balancing! That's really genius.

No, it's not. How does that make any sense? The three races are different, so saying stuff like "it's only fair! Look they have it!" doesn't work for me.