Page 30 of 38 FirstFirst ... 202829303132 ... LastLast

Thread: The Zerg Players thread

GGsmung's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: The Zerg Players thread

OK .

I just played some epic ZvP last few days with a new build I have been working

on and it has been working extremely well. Usually I used to be crushed by

tosses but no more. I think I have won almost every ZvP with this style because they just don't expect it.

Here are some replays of me using this build.

Smung you cheeky dude.:P I only watched the first replay but come on Smung...over 120 drones. That's a bit too much.:P Unless that's a necessary part of the build.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

I'm at work but I'm assuming its this zling/bling build that gets a spire as well? end up with 3/3 before they get a chance to truely react.

I've been running around with banelings and zlings like i said in my past few posts. i just spend a good chunk of the extra gas on drops/ovi speed. Being gone for 2 weeks I've almost entirely forgot how to play the games. My replays are on my desktop and I only have my laptop. So I've been cramming custom games to get reaquainted.

I'll watch your replays after work
    TheOlderGamers.com Starcraft 2 Clan

GGsmung's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Smung you cheeky dude.:P I only watched the first replay but come on Smung...over 120 drones. That's a bit too much.:P Unless that's a necessary part of the build.
    xD That game was special ^^ and I don't really plan the build that far into the

game . Just a clear "mid game plan " as day[9] calls it. Yah I had such a small

army and like 6k mins in the bank while maxed. The other games aren't as crazy

^^ and I didn't realize I had that many drones until late in the game .

He did ling baneling into ultra infestor with baneling drops. Getting a spire and +1 air attack and making corruptors if he sees colossus. Focused on melee and armor upgrades. Seemed like he made an extra queen here and there for some anti air.

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

Someone has made a site with all the recorded videos of coaching from pros that they could find....
    http://www.sc2lessons.blogspot.com/

Some lessons relevant to zergs if you're interested in watching. Mostly from inControl. One lesson from Minigun.

There is also a thread somewhere in this forum for all of the mr biggums 12 week training trips with pros thing for zerg players.

So as far as bane drops go I do feel they are kind of gimmicky on the mineral line but if you can pull it off all the better. Though I am liking the effect it has while dropping on their ball. Does some nasty damage and even though they don't do a ton vs armored it stacks up when it drops in the middle of the ball on top of your armies damage. Downside is losing a few overlords in the process if they get into the mix too early.

Edit: I've been getting slapped around by terran and protoss recently, though I feel its a matter of poor macro on my part more to anything else. I can destroy a mech/bio ball of tanks/thors/marines over and over but eventually I just run out of fuel and fall over.
    TheOlderGamers.com Starcraft 2 Clan

Question:

How do you know if terran is going for:

1. 1-2 banshee pressure only, or
    2. all-in banshee?

I know it's a Banshee rush if there was no hellions. Not sure if this is reliable.

And do you respond with:

1. Go for hydra,
    2. Spire, or
    3. Spore Crawler + Queen?

+ queen and overseer with speed. Spread lots of creeps.

Quote Originally Posted by GnaReffotsirk View Post
    Question:

How do you know if terran is going for:

1. 1-2 banshee pressure only, or
    2. all-in banshee?

I know it's a Banshee rush if there was no hellions. Not sure if this is reliable.

And do you respond with:

1. Go for hydra,
    2. Spire, or
    3. Spore Crawler + Queen?
    Depends really, I usually make 3-5 Queens when I see Banshees or when I think they will go for them, but sometimes I go straight for the Mutas with maybe 1 more Queen. They shouldn't skip Hellions, since they don't cost gas, but they should skip Infernal Preigniter if they go for Banshees, so that is pretty good indication.

If they are going mass Banshees they will need two Starports with tech labs, so with good Overlord positioning, you should be able to scout them, or just make quick Overseer as soon as your Lair finish.

If they are going Hellions/Marines/Banshees, your best bet is mass Roaches with Mass Queens to repel that attack, after that, you are on the horse!
    "Living for the Swarm!"