Page 66 of 67 FirstFirst ... 165664656667 LastLast

Thread: The Protoss Players Thread

Default Re: The Protoss Players Thread

Protoss air is viable early in the game or late in the game in pretty much all the matchups.

PvZ (Long 2) on Metalopolis.....
    -I told you before. There's been a map change. On Metalopolis and Shattered Temple you can't spawn in close positions. Since you spawned at 2 o'clock base the opponent can't be at the 6 o'clock base and vice versa. Same thing on the other half of the map.
    -Good that since you felt unsafe to expand you just made other buildings. But generally it's safe to expand once your first warpin is done. Your expo is greatly delayed. If you just hang back and defend the ramp and the nexus you should easily be able to hold off the zerglings with the units you have.
    -You started your expo at like 9:17 but it would have easily been as safe to put it down at 7:00.
    -You were actually way behind with that late 2nd base. But at least your opponent was way too retarded to take advantage of that.
    -Would have preferred your third base started like a minute and a half earlier.
    -You have 4 observers but none of them are checking either of the attack paths. You could put one observer on each attack path like just west of the left xel'naga watchtower and just above the right xel'naga watchtower. Then if you watch your minimap well you'll know if he tries to move onto your side of the map. Also seeing that lets you know if it's safe to move out and kill the few overlords on your side of the map.
    -Still late making buildings and cannons to block the ramp at your third. That would have slowed down and injured his mutas. Also your army should be on the ramp between your 2nd and 3rd base. That way it can easily move to defend the 2nd or the 3rd and the cannons are covering your main. If you don't have cannons in the main yet at that point you can leave some stalkers in the main.
    -You know he has some mutas near your 3rd so leave a few stalkers there and then put down like 2 cannons to defend the mineral line before you move the stalkers.
    -Quite bad making probes this game. And with all the mutas running around you forgot to continue upgrades. Also forgot to make more colossi.
    -Seeing that many zerglings you should warp in zealots. You had the money and supply to.
    -Nice job in the fight. You lost only a few units but killed a lot of zerglings.
    -Really late on 4th base again. Should have had it like 5ish minutes before you started it.
    -At the second battle you blinked the stalkers back exposing the colossi. Seems like you don't mind losing colossi.
    -The follow up attack with the stalkers and immortals is good. But...no proxy pylon. Even a pylon at the leftmost edge of your main would be ok. Also you could warp in a lot more. You have 13 warp gates. You could have killed those ultras and roaches, warped in 13 more units and went for the kill. Then rally in your colossi and keep warping in and sending them in. That attack you made at 25minutes should actually kill zerg if you do it right. Also a lack of zealots. You get that many warpgates as Protoss in the late game so that if zerg loses its whole army like it did then you can warp in chronoboost everything then just kill the zerg.
    -So battle over your 4th base is not mining. No gases taken and no cannons to defend it.
    -LOL no wonder zerg is so retarded. He only hotkeyed his hive and not any other hatcheries.
    -The army attack to kill creep tumours and stop at the gold of zerg was good. Moving the whole army to attack zerg's 4th base wasn't a good idea. Should have just sent some stalkers/zealots to kill that base and retreat the rest of your army.
    -Also no 5th base.
    -Problem with the zerg was he made too many tech switches. Getting too many different units at once and switching between them without having a great economy to back it up. And technically you should have won by the 26minute mark.

http://eu.battle.net/sc2/en/profile/263528/1/JHammer/

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

If you're making an account just to PM me.....don't waste your time.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Protoss air is viable early in the game or late in the game in pretty much all the matchups.

PvZ (Long 2) on Metalopolis.....
    -I told you before. There's been a map change. On Metalopolis and Shattered Temple you can't spawn in close positions. Since you spawned at 2 o'clock base the opponent can't be at the 6 o'clock base and vice versa. Same thing on the other half of the map.
    Yes you did tell me. And?
    SC2 handle - "DrakeyC, code 929"

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

PvZ....nothing to say. Should have gotten more Sentries.

And a PvP, lost because I flat had no idea what the fuck my opponent was doing. He's got immortals and stalkers, then it's void rays, and a mothership, and then carriers, I ran out of resources and couldn't keep up with him. He's a gold, go figure.
    Last edited by Drake Clawfang; 11-01-2011 at 12:12 AM.

I ARE A PROPHET! I've predicted three major aspects of SC2 correct, more or less.

June 2007 - I predicted the Protoss campaign would give you new tech as you conducted diplomacy among tribes.

Hidden Content:
    July 18th 2010 - I predicted Raynor would broadcast information of Mengsk's actions on Tarsonis to discredit him and incite rebellion.

Hidden Content:
    June 16th 2010 I predicted the Voice in the Darkness was the commanding force behind the Hybrids. I'm calling it half-right.

Quote Originally Posted by Drake Clawfang View Post
    Yes you did tell me. And?
    Well you keep scouting close positions. If you know it's impossible for him to be there why do you keep checking??

For people of the opinion "I completely will never pay for anything" but still wanting to watch GSL VODs....PM me. (Hint: Sharing is caring)

PvZ (Crush) on Shakuras Plateau
    -You can't spawn in vertical positions on this map. You didn't have to check the base south of you.
    -You almost held off the attack. Unfortunately you weren't watching the zealot that died to a lot of roaches. If you did see it you could easily make an immortal and warp stuff in and hold off that attack.
    -Not sure about that second forge. Instead should have been a twilight council that's made earlier. Even being quicker warping in those sentries could have held off the roaches long enough for you to warp in more units. Plus one accidentally trapped stalker that hurts you slightly on defence.

Quote Originally Posted by JackhammerIV View Post
    Well you keep scouting close positions. If you know it's impossible for him to be there why do you keep checking??
    oh, I assumed the what, 12 and 2 were the close ones. Dumb rule, they're much closer than the other bases.

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

PvP on Shakuras...
    -Your supply block at supply let him get 2 harvesters ahead of you.
    -You were late starting your first stalker then you got supply blocked again. But you did catch up in probes. Your income is lower though because you have three probes running around and he only has one probe running around.
    -Lots of supply blocks all the time. You had a big early advantage with the earlier expansion. But you have problems keeping money low.
    -You wasted all those zealots from the warp prism. You could warp them in then wait...move your warp prism to his main and warp in zealots in his main and at the same time use those zealots in the bottom right to kill his 3rd base.
    -Overall those warp prism warped in zealots didn't do anything. Just minerals thrown away. Maybe you could consider two warp prisms at once. You get so many robos anyways.
    -You ended up with a lot of gas. Templar archives for archons from HT are a good way to use up that gas. The main problem is your third is quite late.
    -That initial battle...you didn't have much to deal with the zealots. If you had zealots of your own or archons then you'd have crushed his army. But you had no pylons nearby. You can't reinforce that attack.
    -You have 2k minerals and 2k gas. You really need to work on spending money when it gets that high.
    -You don't use warp prisms effectively. You threw away 8 stalkers to kill 10 probes. Not a good trade at all.
    -You had no real way to use up that 2k gas. And your economy was way too bad to stick on mass gateway units since your 3rd and 4th base were late. You went like mass sentry....Seriously archons made from HT would have been amazingly great instead of sentries.
    -You lost because you used up 2k gas on sentries instead of HT-->archon and also no proxy pylons in the middle of the map to reinforce. If you had those you could have won at either the 19:30 battle or the 28:30 battle. You have way way more resources saved up and could have crushed him with the help of archons. Also you kept wasting resources on warp prism harassment that you aren't forcing to work. Just having two warpprisms with one at the top and one at the bottom can mess with him a lot. Attack both at once or attack one to draw his army then attack the second location.
    -Also you were ahead of him in terms of your resources. You just didn't use them effectively enough. You basically wasted them away and let them sit in the "bank" at key points instead of spending them to kill him. Overall you were ahead for the first half of the game then you let him catch up.

oh, I assumed the what, 12 and 2 were the close ones. Dumb rule, they're much closer than the other bases.
    "Close positions" means closest spawn by ground. Meaning the closest base to walk to. 12 and 2 are "close by air" spawn locations. And 12 and 9 would be "cross map" spawns. It's the standard way to talk about base locations that they use in casted SC2 matches.

Yeah, but the close by air bases don't seem much further away than the others, unless you spawn directly opposite the opponent. Also allows that lame Sensor Tower thing. And while it was really dumb and I saw him do it, I've seen Terrans lift off their Barracks and fly them into my base on Shattered when we spawned close.

In regards to the replay, yeah I made a Templar Archives with intent to go Archon. I forgot about it though.

Hidden Content:

Hidden Content:

Yeah, but the close by air bases don't seem much further away than the others, unless you spawn directly opposite the opponent. Also allows that lame Sensor Tower thing. And while it was really dumb and I saw him do it, I've seen Terrans lift off their Barracks and fly them into my base on Shattered when we spawned close.

In regards to the replay, yeah I made a Templar Archives with intent to go Archon. I forgot about it though.
    It's just the timing of it. You can check with a probe if you don't believe me but the close by air spawns take longer for your probe to reach than the close by ground positions. The lifting off of the barracks isn't that dumb if they did it for a good reason like they're going mech and they're using it so spot for their siege tanks. But most probably they're just neural parasited by a retarded infestor.