View Poll Results: Should Snipe be kept?

Voters
49. You may not vote on this poll
  • Yes

24 48.98%
  • No. It should be swapped with something else

17 34.69%
  • No. Just remove it without replacing it

8 16.33%
Page 1 of 4 123 ... LastLast

Thread: Has Snipe Ever Been Used?

Default Has Snipe Ever Been Used?

Exactly what the title says. Thus far, I've seen the Ghost use all its other abilities (Cloak, EMP, Nuke) effectively in replays. Yet, I've thus far not notice any situation where Snipe was used where the Ghost's regular attack wouldn't have sufficed. Maybe I'm missing something but I can't help but feel as though Snipe is the game's least useful ability; which is made all the more apparent since the Ghost has two other very useful uses for its energy.

Pandonetho's Avatar SC:L Addict

Default Re: Has Snipe Ever Been Used?

I used to think it was a great ability in theory but admittedly I haven't seen it used much myself.

Ghosts are just to gas heavy I think, to be wasting energy on snipe.

Sniping may as well be the Ghosts base attack. It has no reason to exist in its current form.

I agree. It's pretty lame. IMO it should do more damage at a higher cost. I wonder why they got rid of the more powerful and expensive Snipe.
    StarCraft wiki; a complete and referenced database on the StarCraft game series, StarCraft II, Lore, Characters and Gameplay, and member of the StarCraft II Fansite Program.

"Do you hear them whispering from the stars? The galaxy will burn with their coming."

Can you 'one hit' an Infestor? (Have not seen snipe yet either btw) - maybe adding a couple more 'one-hit' Zerg targets to the list might help it see more use in ZvT at least - Kind of like how you'd always get EMP against Protoss and and Irradiate against Zerg for your SVs(?) As it is, I dont think I'd get snipe vs Protoss; EMP is too valuable.
    "Wait.....no Gzhee-Gzhee.....?.....whu......Why no Ghzhee-Gzhee?!?!?!?!"

RIP - Leslie Nielsen

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Snipe itself is too weak. On a game between Gifted and Blazur, snipe was used by gifted to take down a group of marines, though it did not took them down with one blow. If snipe is to stay it needs to be far more powerful.

Snipe should be tweaked into what it used to be, a one blow killer of biological units. THEN, it would be far more useful and not only to take down ultralisks. Snipe could be used with ease to take down enemy high templars and even other ghosts.

My theory is that if snipe kicks in again, Ultralisks could get their buff back. This would not only help the terran army but the zerg late game, which in my opinion is too weak.

i udnerstand that idea blade, but sniping ultralsiks wtih ghost rifles doesnt sit right with me, in any form.

snipe obviously isnt getting used atm: ghost energy is too valuable sicne they're at 200 gas.. but as i havnt used it or had it sued on me, i cant seriously suggest tweaks.

i dont even remember if it costs energy or is only on cooldown. iirc its at 25 enregy, but im nt sure..

having said that, buffed damage and range with added 'aiming time' as tradeoff might do the trick. one-shooting HT's might be a bit much but two shotting would be ok.

what about adding as tunning effect to snipe?
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

I have used it in good purpose, however, it's underwhelming and definitely not a game changer. It does add to the survivability of the ghost. I voted Remove it with swap out, but maybe it should just be upgraded slightly. The ghost is already very powerful, does it need another powerful ability? Snipe works as intended, which is to help the ghost survive. It's not supposed to be a one man army..I think the ability just helps move the ghost closer into enemy lines. If you have a few marines v. your ghost this ability will turn the tide in a close match.

So I'm kind of mixed. Only Blizz. knows if it's working or not with their data.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

Snipe should be tweaked into what it used to be, a one blow killer of biological units. THEN, it would be far more useful and not only to take down ultralisks.
    Actually, iirc, snipe only did heavy dmg vs light/bio. Against armored or massive, it was next to useless. Which made sense given it's context.

Snipe could be used with ease to take down enemy high templars and even other ghosts.
    I think that was the whole idea originally, but then why would you need EMP?

However I do agree it needs a buff, or it needs to be dropped. In it's current form, why even bother?

The good thing about it is it 1-shots many caster types. The bad thing is EMP is often better because it's AoE and ruins casters anyways. Always thought Snipe was a crap ability, but who knows, maybe at high-level play this ability gets some attention.