Page 1 of 2 12 LastLast

Thread: Line of sight blockers

Default Line of sight blockers

Should buildings be line of sight blockers? I think it might be kind of cool for defenders

Default Re: Line of sight blockers

This has been suggested before.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying the idea, but it would be imba towards Terran cause they're all ranged.

What I would like to potentially see is the Thor made into a LoS blocker. Its supposed to tank for other units, and this would greatly help in that endeavor.

Maybe only the massive non-flying unit. It could be funny to try, but some imbaness will pop-out really fast.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post

What I would like to potentially see is the Thor made into a LoS blocker. Its supposed to tank for other units, and this would greatly help in that endeavor.
    That would actually be really cool. The Thor would finally be useful at something.

Terran would be unbeatable.. Supply depot block ramp and rines behind it, nothing would be able to get up there unless you have air.

Its perfect how it is right now.

^ I agree. It's important not to overdue stuff in the game. Keep it simple and let people play.

maybe a new building for cheaps that can function as a LoS

Personally I think spore cloud is the best option as far as sight-blocking goes.

In my opinion.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    This has been suggested before.

I wouldn't be opposed to trying the idea, but it would be imba towards Terran cause they're all ranged.

The simple fix would be to make buildings block ranged attacks also, forcing the Terran to drop his/her supply depots to fire, except for units that can naturally volley over them (air, Thor, Colossi, Tanks).
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

For buildings it probably wouldn't be a good idea... perhaps for the Thor. (making it more of a 'walking wall/mobile fortress')