Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Small but, crucial changes for better game experience

Default Re: Small but, crucial changes for better game experience

So we've gotten the Alpha Boys back?!?! Only a little bit gay after Duke's gone down...

Anyways, that "creamy white" is kinda nice, even though I'd like Alpha Squadron fully implemented.

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post
    Anyways, that "creamy white" is kinda nice, even though I'd like Alpha Squadron fully implemented.
    Not gonna happen unfortunately. Blends in with the tileset too much. And with the way battle.net works now, they can't do what they did in SC1 and replace colours just for certain tilesets.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Quote Originally Posted by Aldrius View Post
    Not gonna happen unfortunately. Blends in with the tileset too much. And with the way battle.net works now, they can't do what they did in SC1 and replace colours just for certain tilesets.
    I don't see it blending in too much in the tileset iself. Only on the minimap would it be strange I guess. What maps would make it difficult to see? Snow maps? We haven't seen any of them yet.

Quote Originally Posted by BusinessMonkey View Post
    I don't see it blending in too much in the tileset iself. Only on the minimap would it be strange I guess. What maps would make it difficult to see? Snow maps? We haven't seen any of them yet.
    It'd be almost impossible on Desert Oasis. I imagine even the pink they have now is pretty good camouflage on that map.

Anyway it's something they should probably avoid.

The Mother of all Queens!

Thanks to Dynamik- for the signature!

Allright, so I got even more whining to do after having played a bit more.
    (BTW, check my other "whines" (1-9) since I still would love some feedback on all these points)

10: Mothership's UP. Yes I know I'm a UP basher (especially now that I've learned they removed the goldfish and marauder without helmet animation) but the mothership UP is just so freakin' boring. Compared to another non character UP, the Warp Prism, the WP is much more interesting to look at and the perspective itself is very action-like. The Mothership's UP is awful. The camera looking up distorts the sheer width of this flying behemoth. In my opinion it should show the female protoss on deck you hear when clicking it.
    Also this makes me want to add two more things considering the capitalships like mothership and carriers:
    10a) It is saddening not having ANY reference at all to George Clinton's "Mothership Connection", mainly due to the cultural influence the record has had (any Hip-Hop group reference in their texts to this album) and also just for the endless puns it can make, especially when you think it's a female protoss that has to say the sentences)
    10b) Carriers' UP shouldn't look like they're in some mini fighter. Right now to me the suits the Carrier UP wear look like suits Protoss Scouts could wear.

11: I want a "Back to work" button like Warcraft 3 had. I find it so irritating that when I actually get a chance to survive after needing to pull my SCVs to the attack as well, I get this mix of mineral and gas wearing SCVs that'll either loose the gas or minerals they're carrying because the timeframe you'll need to recope with after such a defence makes it impossible to micro all of the SCVs fast enough. (Mentioning SCVs 'cause I'm a terran player).
    If you're actually going agains't the odds and succeed, it's pretty irritating losing quickly afterwards because you're just not that good at micro.
    Or am I just too bad of a player which should learn to cope instead of asking for a "back to work" button?
    - "Man is Matter" -
    Joseph Heller - Catch 22

- "Marines are Goo" -
    BusinessMonkey - SC:Legacy