Page 7 of 28 FirstFirst ... 5678917 ... LastLast

Thread: The Terran players thread

Default Re: The Terran players thread

Quote Originally Posted by imdrunkontea View Post
    brood lords would do a pretty good job against the thors, i think.
    Heresy!!!!!!! Burn the zerg lover!!!!!!!
    Waiting...

The damned will return...

i cant believe thats there almost no banshee talk here
    my experaince is that banshees are one of best units to go to early
    2 starports for all races and labs on both
    getting some fast banshee works great
    they only race with a real counter is zerg so i would suggest
    after fact is done build starport immedently and on fact build tech lab thats for starport
    save i think 25 secs

My favorite strategy for Terran is mass vikings i mean the viking is without a doubt the most versitile unit in the game and a key Terran anti-air unit and its not that much of an expensive unit either only 150 mineral and 75 gas. Two starports with reactors and just start pumping. Even if your unit counters you can always out micro his army harrass his base while you also buy time to counter his units. I don't know about you guys but the viking is my favorite unit and personally in my opinion the best Terran unit

Ugh. I'm having so much trouble with Zerg, I'm losing my mind. I don't know what it is but ever since they realized they have units other than Roaches, I can't seem to do a thing right against them. I'm getting steamrolled by banelings, I'm getting steamrolled by Mutalisks, I'm getting steamrolled by Ultralisks now of all things. This is driving me crazy.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

Quote Originally Posted by pure.Wasted View Post
    Ugh. I'm having so much trouble with Zerg, I'm losing my mind. I don't know what it is but ever since they realized they have units other than Roaches, I can't seem to do a thing right against them. I'm getting steamrolled by banelings, I'm getting steamrolled by Mutalisks, I'm getting steamrolled by Ultralisks now of all things. This is driving me crazy.
    One thing I've noticed is that Zerg players always expand and macro like crazy (at least when I lose). Terran players are used to playing defensively and making big pushes, which tends to decrease in effectiveness as the game goes on due to the Zerg's econ advantage. Therefore, counter-expanding and digging in with bunkers and such seems to be the solution if you're going for the long haul.

I still have trouble with mass hydras though...MMM isn't that effective, although terran probably has the upper hand in that in an even supply match, and hellions get killed before their splash really plays a role. So yeah, I need help too

I'd love to hear others' thoughts on this game.

http://www.megaupload.com/?d=ZY2QXL1J

One thing I've heard that could have improved this game is that I should've had two Barracks instead of Depots... but, first of all, with the impossibility of scouting Banelings early, am I supposed to just wall off with double Rax against all Zerg now? Because that's pretty ridiculous. And secondly, with how many Banelings he had (went through rows of Depots) I don't think he'd have had that much trouble busting down a Rax. That would have just left even more room for him to maneuver.
    Last edited by pure.Wasted; 04-10-2010 at 02:52 AM.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

I unfortunately don't have time to watch your replay specifically right now (hopefully will later) but I just finished a game vs zerg. my strategy was just to expand and hold on to what i had using turrets, bunkers, and ground troops consisting mostly of hellions and marauders (to counter banelings). The zerg player had the upper hand for most of the game, but once you get a good army of medevacs, marauds, marines, hellions, thors, and vikings, he can't touch you (esp with armor upgrades)

Quote Originally Posted by Tcslayer View Post
    My favorite strategy for Terran is mass vikings i mean the viking is without a doubt the most versitile unit in the game and a key Terran anti-air unit and its not that much of an expensive unit either only 150 mineral and 75 gas. Two starports with reactors and just start pumping. Even if your unit counters you can always out micro his army harrass his base while you also buy time to counter his units. I don't know about you guys but the viking is my favorite unit and personally in my opinion the best Terran unit
    They are too fragile,hydras or especially Stalkers slaughter them completly...

Amph's Avatar Junior Member

i don't want to open a topic just for this, but anyone have this error with some replay?

"the game makes reference to invalid or unavailable files"

And if anyone knows what's Mechs major weakness over barracks is the lack of anti air anti armor...You are too exposed to Void rays,Carriers,Brood lords...Thor's anti light slow splash doesn't help at all...That can be avoided only by going starports with reactors for vikings,but thats too much resources,altough they are very weak vs carriers even though they are suppose to counter them...