Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 123 LastLast

Thread: [Replays/Feedback] Todie's Replays, reflections and ramblings

Raisk's Avatar Junior Member

Default Re: Todie's Replays, reflections and ramblings

Yarrr! I'll get you in the rematch! Was a gg to be fair, saw the potential of infestors, which I've been under-utilising. That Fungal growth is amazing, what with it stopping and damaging units.

Default Re: [Replays/Feedback] Todie's Replays, reflections and ramblings

I played around a whole lot with terran today. got nothing worthile to show for it that i can thinnk of... at the end of it i magicaly got matched vs a very modest top10 platinum player who beat me pretty hard, pretty much on pure macroŽ(TvT omg so much TvT.... like 8/10 games)

... after that i played this ZvP that was actually not at all bad.

i would make detailed comments on teh game. but im too tired. comments are welcome.

peace.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

So iv started playing terran now. and at first, i lsto a bunch, got demoted to silver league even. but then, fr whatever reason, my ladder ranking got reset. so i played 5 new placement games (with zerg) ended upin gold again after 4-1 and kept on playing terran after that.. doing really well, largely due to aggressive openings but i think im improving in general.

last game and surely one of the best: TvZ on that two palyer map where you're close by air but far by land...

Hidden Content:

my reapers didnt do a whole lot, i should ahve settled for trying to delay his expand with them instead of heading on in. at least i scared him into many early ligns + a crawler.

too late i remember that banshees supposedly ebat queens 1v1 now. anyway, i was pleased to retreat both banshees; now i just need good ways to keep using em - i kinda didnt in this game. - cloak woulda helped i guess.

my stim upgrade was way late. i might'a been able to be more aggressive otherwise.
    loving the geography of this kinda map. Tanks on cliffs feel really powerful!

next time ill drop on BOTH cliffs around such an expand to properly wtf-pwn my ground-based opponent.. some raven action with this and ill feel truly at home.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.

Hi.

.... so nobody cares pretty much, but anyway, i need help with something; sicne patch 10 i cant view new or old replays, and im wondering if they are corrupted when saved or if its some other bug thats causing it. so would anyone please view this game and tell me if it works?

(it happens to be a ridicolously awsomely intense ZvZ with infestors saving the day, in several ways..)

Hi.

Haha he didn't even gg after such a game! He must have been frustrated from losing.
    Damn that was pretty intense, and very back and forth. Infestors are really a staple unit in ZvZ... actually now almost all zerg units are staple units in ZvZ... the matchup is getting pretty interesting.
    I've rolled almost only ZvZs all day long (25 games, and only 2 P lol) and infestors are a must have.
    However, I think that infestor/hydra combo is much more potent than the infestor/zerglings you were aiming for. The latter works well though, since obviously fungal works well against clumped units while zerglings work well against spaced out units.

Weird you can't watch your replays while others can. Have you tried renaming them?

so i still cant view my own replays, but need help with somethig:

I just played a TvT on incineration zone and got overzealous with my 9rax reaper harass -> fact/port tech; i lost to a marauder push.

the peculiar thing was this: his marauders seemed to fire at my tanks from beneath the cliff. without sight! without spotters or allies on the cliff.

i cant view it myself to confirm that no marauder had already climbed the ramp & gotten close, so can someone help me? i dont want to compose a bug report about this if im not sure.

thx.

Hi.

He totally had vision. On ramps you don't need to be on the high ground to get vision; just taking one step onto the ramp will grant you vision.

Another interesting thing to note is that your own air units, when firing at opponents, will grant vision even if they're on high ground. That's just something you need to watch out for if you're cliff-tanking and you've got banshees on top of your tanks, since your own air units could grant vision to your opponents.

That's obviously not what happened here, but it's a bit annoying. (they may have changed that though, haven't been in that kind of situation in ages).

well that wasnt it here, i think; he rampw as like way over there and i was shooting at him from anotehr angle (& highground).. like, even if he had vision at the ramp, my tanks were nowhere near!

.. i still emplore someone to watch it.

Hi.

You don't know when to GG, Todie!

I checked it out, and it does look a bit buggy to me. It was as if he only had to be halfway up the ramp to get vision. Not sure if that's normal or not, though. Despite the games I've played, I rarely assault up a ramp, so I don't actually remember .

well.. it looks like hammy is right; that ramp looks to be closer than i remember it.

thx.

sigh. i go crazy not being able to watch reps.

Hi.