Page 1 of 3 123 LastLast

Thread: [Replays/Feedback] Todie's Replays, reflections and ramblings

Default [Replays/Feedback] Todie's Replays, reflections and ramblings

so iv gotten into beta, (thanks again Mgcemir) ... played my placement games with some lag, some disconnects and some ZvZ troubles. tried terran like once, but they are too intense to "play right" for me. im sticking with 3/4 zerg, 1/4 protoss or sth like that.. got placed in a fairly fresh silver division where im ranked about #20 atm

anyway, i had a thread like this back in the day, on another forum, sharing wc3 replays... furthering rational discussion around my priorities within the best of my played games (rarely featuring cookie-cutter strategies)

i'd like to try something similar here. without further ado, here's a couple of my latest games which i felt was somewhat satisfactory:

game one: ZvZ
    Hidden Content:
    early ling pressure actually delayed his 2nd hach and expo, game deciding was surely my larger faster group of lings slipping past & not being stopped fast at all, to cause huge econ damage.

however, whats conceptually interesting here, is scouting his hydra den & thus feeling free to opt for less conventional lair tech. burrow-move roaches would have probably been worth to just come close to the hdyra, but in theory, fungal infestation + banelings is an even stronger anti-hydra combo - not to mention FI surely helps in a more close later roach fight that features burrow-micro.

game two - a bit closer / better / more thrilling perhaps. PvT
    Hidden Content:
    i gigured i was screwed as early as seeing his m&m chase my first zealots back home, and for SURE when he busted up my ramp with stim in great numbers after already clearing out my main forces. but as it turns out, a marauder heavy infatnery-ball isnt invincible in the face of mass probes, at least when flanked & when the stimms wear off. still i figured he'd 'a had a greater econ advantage by then, but that expo CC was really late, and scv numbers low with it i suppose..

even so, it was about even after that probe fight, so i take some pride in the comeback at the end of the game.

i intended to do more with blink though, but idk. its hard to feel potent with stalkers around marauders, knowing how hard they hit 'em... i might skip blink vs terran next time, go for more / sooner weapon/armor upps instead. and/or DTs ... i probably simply need those immortals sooner.

enjoy & discuss.

peace

edit: later games; same as posted below:

game 3 "cool zerg mirror" : http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...0&d=1269308963

game 4 "mutaling vs zealot stalker" : http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...1&d=1269308986

game 5 ZvZ vs Raisk: http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...8&d=1269532710

game 6 ZvP: http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...9&d=1271112381

game 7 TvZ reaper to banshee to marine medvac tank: http://sclegacy.com/forums/attachmen...0&d=1271459050
    Last edited by Todie; 04-18-2010 at 01:34 PM.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Default Re: Todie's Replays, reflections and ramblings

I watched the TvP and a few things I noticed were you might want to get that first stalker out earlier, that build seems very weak to even the stanard "scouting repear" people been doing.

And beware of emp of course luckily he didnt grab it, but your army didnt have that awesome aoe potential for so long, had he picked up some emp I feel like you'd of gotten steam rolled.

I would think its better to upgrade storm before the other upgrade, even if you don't plan to attack before hand - the upgrade is mostly so templar can storm when there first summoned, however if you summon your first 2 templar while the storm is upgrading by the time you move out they'll have enough anyway and you'll be safer earlyer.

Pretty cool game I really thought he had you haha!

More peoples need to watch/post replays imo! keep it up and thanks for checkin mine out as well!
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Alterran's Avatar Junior Member

It says i need to download a file to watch ur replays, whats up with that?
    I have them in my recent folder.

maybe its a map thats been updated that youve thumbed down for ladder play and hence havnt gotten? try hosting it on customgame to have it DL'd if you can be bothered, lol
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.

Hi.

my games with P arnt very structured in terms of earlygame buildorders. i just wing it. im playing almost exclusively zerg now.

just got out of an unexpectedly cool zerg mirror match :
    Hidden Content:
    having given up on both strong econ + early expo builds and ling rushes(tried that less) ive settled for starting out 1-base roaches -> tier2, however, seeing as how mutas arnt all that effective at killing roaches, let alone hydras, i choose to stay safe from mutas using spores & queens for a while and add some infestors, thinking this is the gas usage that can potentially give me the most benefit. i add some hydras to counter mutas later on.

this opponent wasnt great, but although i didnt make big mistakes, it was still a pretty tight game up untill you-know-when.. ill be sure to do this again!

second game: a thrilling ZvP
    Hidden Content:
    i havnt actually watched this game yet, and it happened a few games back, but it seemed like i underestimated this guys econ and overestimated the damage my mutas dealt to it... i kept on pressuring after repelling his attack thinking i had the advantage but really he had it. with some sentries or phoenix i would have been completely screwed.. had i realzied this sooner & played it a little more defensively + gotten my infestors sooner and used them well, i mgiht ahve been able to turn this.

peace out.

Hi.

Hey Todie, what's your handle? We should get some games on :].

most certainly! i figured you were on US servers or something.

im Todie.pettrus

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    most certainly! i figured you were on US servers or something.

im Todie.pettrus
    Oh, I am on US Servers . I didn't notice where you came from - sorry . Man, I hope Blizzard gets rid of this "can't-play-between-different-regions" thing .

Raisk's Avatar Junior Member

Quote Originally Posted by GRUNT View Post
    Oh, I am on US Servers . I didn't notice where you came from - sorry . Man, I hope Blizzard gets rid of this "can't-play-between-different-regions" thing .
    Amen. Even Battle.net 1.0 could do that...

yeah im stuck on the other side of the ocean.. stuck with Raisk.. :P

.. we finished our team palcement games today. hit platinum at 8-2

then we played a ZvZ that was acutally nice uploading it here. i might edit in some comments later. gg's

Hi.