Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 12

Thread: Post-game scorecards?

Default Re: Post-game scorecards?

They're also building on it on the release.
    Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    I want my name in bright yellow, to represent "Forum Douchebag."

On a semi-related note, I feel we really need a "Buildings Lost" view in replays, parallel with Units Lost. A player whose expansions have been denied 3 or 4 times will have absolutely no difference in their ongoing replay stats from a player whose expansions haven't, or the player that's been doing the denying.

Right now only destroyed defenses are tracked in Units Lost and I think there's lots of scenarios where that isn't very telling of who's in the lead, economically.
    http://img687.imageshack.us/img687/7699/commun1.png

Quote Originally Posted by screw_ball69 View Post
    if you go to build order it tells you what units and building are created and when, it doesn't say what unit comes from witch building but its detail enough.
    Intriguing. Can't wait to get the game (won't be in beta) and view it all!

Quote Originally Posted by KDraconis View Post
    There's a lot of empty space for extra tabs. Since it's the beta, there's not an imposing need for a full scoreboard. On top of Unit and Building breakdowns, Blizzard mentioned once that they would like to have graphs to represent some stats, so there should be a lot more stuff to look at on the scoreboard at/after release.
    Excellent! Let's hope this is as reflective of Blizzard's quality as the rest of the game.

Quote Originally Posted by pure.Wasted View Post
    On a semi-related note, I feel we really need a "Buildings Lost" view in replays, parallel with Units Lost. A player whose expansions have been denied 3 or 4 times will have absolutely no difference in their ongoing replay stats from a player whose expansions haven't, or the player that's been doing the denying.

Right now only destroyed defenses are tracked in Units Lost and I think there's lots of scenarios where that isn't very telling of who's in the lead, economically.
    I always liked the buildings lost stat. I do, however, feel it speaks to aggression more so than economic leadership. It certainly implies a better economy. I do not know if this will be true in SC2, but in my SC1 games I am constantly out-econned but still manage to win more than lose because of my SC1 unit counter knowledge and especially my defensive set-up.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

Quote Originally Posted by DemolitionSquid View Post
    Watch any stream and you'll know that the scorecard absolutely still exists.
    I've watched many replays and whatnot, never seen any post game reports.

Regardless, I'm glad to know they are incorporated into the game.

Quote Originally Posted by dynamiK- View Post
    I've watched many replays and whatnot, never seen any post game reports.

Regardless, I'm glad to know they are incorporated into the game.
    Some streamers do have a habit of closing the stream before the scoreboard comes up or going through it too fast for any kind of look. Just make sure you are paying rapt attention once the gg is called and you'll see one here and there.
    I am a master tactician. It is my execution that keeps getting me killed.

I find the 'scores' to be arbitrary and useless. Yay, I got 14384 score!! Oooo Ahhhh!

It means little to nothing to me. And there's no real explanation of what the scores mean.

The one thing I tend to look at is the resource tab. I like to see my gather rate (even though I'm not 100% sure what that means either...minerals/minute???) but the average unspent minerals is nice to see. Lets me know how good / bad my macro spending was.

Personally, I really liked the timeline scorescard that Age of Empires had in it, where it showed things like:
    - ratio of your units-to-their-units; and
    - milestone battles.

Would love to see that added to the SC2 scorecard.

- hanvt read thread - scorecards seem needlessly slimmed right now. it feels like its close-by in capability to have a truely awesome scorecard, and to mak it very intuitively interactive with the editor. timelines are cool.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Personally it looks very lame. It has no personality. Wish it had some aesthetics that spiced it up some more, as oppose to looking EXACTLY like the Bnet interface you see out of game.

Quote Originally Posted by screw_ball69 View Post
    if you go to build order it tells you what units and building are created and when, it doesn't say what unit comes from witch building but its detail enough.
    But you can't see the build order of the entire game. You can only see it for the first minutes of the game.