Thread: Command & Conquer 4 Feedback

Default Command & Conquer 4 Feedback

Reviewers are giving it 'ok', scores. What do you guys think of it?
    I couldn't play it too much because the beta almost crashed my computer. I thought it looked like a decent game.

http://www.metacritic.com/games/plat...andandconquer4

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Default Re: Command & Conquer 4 Feedback

Too complex yet too simple at the same time (Don't ask)

A lot of luck involved

Resolution: Bad planning for a game and a failed attempt to create an inovating RTS game.

The whole 'crawler' idea sux,the previous build was far better,The new mechanics are also worse...

You have to have a persistent online connection, even when playing the offline campaign. There is no offline mode like SC2. Not only does it suck, because they ripped everything C&C from the game except Joe, they didn't give the story justice. EA killed C&C.
    Last edited by Shadow Archon; 03-16-2010 at 07:06 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The_Blade View Post
    Resolution: Bad planning for a game and a failed attempt to create an inovating RTS game.
    For the record Blade, they did a good job at creating an innovative RTS for their core game. The issue is that in creating the innovation they left out a lot of the fun/options/challenge.

Personal opinion, it feels like a SC or WC3 UMS mod instead of a core game. I'm sure that some team will recreate it in the first few weeks of SC2's galaxy editor and will realize it wasn't too big of a challenge. In fact, you can probably remake it easily with the new ability to create your own UI.
    Please be aware of the SC:L Posting Rules and Guidelines.

If I were you, I'd look at these links. You might even follow or like them or something...

StarCraft: Legacy: Like us on Facebook - Follow us on Twitter - Subscribe to our Youtube channel
    Legacy Observer: Watch live on Twitch.tv - Like on Facebook - Follow on Twitter - Subscribe to Youtube Channel

I commend them trying to change things up a bit but the choice of doing it for "the last game" was a tad too much of a gamble. I played a decent amount of it, I have to say I am not too terribly pleased with the crawler idea and the storyline seems a tad under par, not too much. Graphically the game is nice, though overall I liked C&C3 significantly more. The tone and presentation was darker. As for the musical scores of C&C 4...jeez...could of done much better.