Page 3 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix use in PvP ?

Default Re: Phoenix use in PvP ?

Need them to be grouped .

pheonix are faster than mutas so its a good bet that a compitent toss player will move his pheonix away. Atleast with feed back you will get one kill. Like most mirror matches units counter each other. pheonix are a bit unique though because they are light units that counter other light units and most ground units. So the only way to hard counter pheonix is with phwonix and in that case the one with the larger number or better micro wins. pheonix also dont activate the imortals hardened shields so they should be able to G beam one out of the battle and atlease deplete its shields if not kill it. pheonix excel at killing units but cannons with own them.

Quote Originally Posted by whitefire View Post
    pheonix are faster than mutas so its a good bet that a compitent toss player will move his pheonix away. Atleast with feed back you will get one kill. Like most mirror matches units counter each other. pheonix are a bit unique though because they are light units that counter other light units and most ground units. So the only way to hard counter pheonix is with phwonix and in that case the one with the larger number or better micro wins. pheonix also dont activate the imortals hardened shields so they should be able to G beam one out of the battle and atlease deplete its shields if not kill it. pheonix excel at killing units but cannons with own them.
    Phoenixes are countered by EVERY air unit that is NOT light...

Quote Originally Posted by arthas View Post
    Phoenixes are countered by EVERY air unit that is NOT light...
    Quite true but in PvP the only other air units are viodrays carriers and mother ships And im pretty sure pheonix can take viodrays if there arnt enough of them.

Voidrays only do 1/3 damage against light (compared to armored)

Quote Originally Posted by Krikkitone View Post
    Voidrays only do 1/3 damage against light (compared to armored)
    once they charge up,have the flux vanes,and 1-2 air attack upg they can do good vs everything...

im sure they can, but that isnt so relveant in this context: phoenixes both outmanouver and beat VR's cost for cost... so if you go air vs someone who builds phoenix in PvP, youre either trying to outproduce his phoenix with yours, or youre going for carriers.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    phoenixes both outmanouver and beat VR's cost for cost... .
    And i really hate when people talk what they want to be truth but not actually being true....Single VR beats a phoenix 1v1 with only his shields depleted...So cost-for-cost the VR will beat them very easy simply because when they change their target the damage stays the same...

i know they dod that but a fasetr unit can hit / run to negate that effect. i havnt seen an acutal cost-for-cost bttle between phoenix and VR.

even if they do win cost for cost though that doesnt mean VR's are superior to phoenix in PvP, as the phoenix still has some neat versatility.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

pheonix are actually good vs intercepters so if you have enough you can cripple a few carriers until you get a decent number of VRs out. I have a theory that I would like tested involving the Immortal and the shield upgrades. my theory is this. if you get an immortal and one shield upgrade will the damage taken by the hardened shield be nine or ten? If its nine then that meant that the immortal can take 11 hits instead of ten and that number goes up to 13 hits with max shield upgrades. In a PvP that might help out a lot and make your Immortals quite beefy.