Page 2 of 4 FirstFirst 1234 LastLast

Thread: Phoenix use in PvP ?

Default Re: Phoenix use in PvP ?

here's a good pvp match in which pheonixs actually seem to turn the tide...

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Se0Mz09CyeM

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    that was a great replay. thx Dauntless!
    You're very welcome. I didn't play that well though, but it all was very unexpected. Haven't met someone playing like that since, and have only tried it a few times myself with no success =\

In the current state of PvP I don't think phoenix is a good idea, not to say the current state is bad or anything.

But I admit I have not tried it.

I have uploaded a PvP between me and my friend, this is what MY pvp plays out like.
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

Nice replay, IslandSnake. I think you would've won if you'd taken down his exp or some of his main base when you had three Stalkers and one Immortal just outside his base. Also, I'd exp right about that time if I were you. You had just won a battle, "earn your reward", as SaharaDrac says ^_^

Also, at the end of the game, he had like two Sentries, rest targeted ground Not saying I'm better, or anything like that, but it's easier to see where one goes wrong when one watches a replay, compared to when you're playing the game yourself =)

Indeed! those were the same conclusions I made after watching the replay ;d

I shoulda at least killed his expo after winning that battle, during the game it just seemed like he had more than he did.

My biggest issue with phoenix as I use them in PvZ is that until you get like 3-4 of them there not very good at lifting and killing things, and with warpgates I feel like had he seen me get some he could just start warping in stalkers.

I wish more people would upload replays its fun to watch them
    "No matter what side of the argument you are on, you always find people on your side that you wish were on the other."
    Be sure to check out the best #$*&#$ video game show ever Epileptic Gaming and the lastest episode on youtube NOW IN HD
    - Oh its a egg I wonder whats inside! =)

The_Blade's Avatar Administrator

Voids ray are deadly to roaches untill regen

the thing is, phoenix are light. so stalkers dont acutalyl kill them TOO fast.
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

Quote Originally Posted by Todie View Post
    the thing is, phoenix are light. so stalkers dont acutalyl kill them TOO fast.
    Yep,and they attack very quickly actually dealing 20 dmg to light...And by the upper replay we saw that having them around to neutrilze the immortals while enemy stalkers try to pick them off with the measily 8 dmg,pretty much turns the game in your favor in not wins it...so the only counter in PvP is enemy phoenixes,or probably sentries...

Maybe Feedback will anti the phoenix .

Quote Originally Posted by Cok3Drink View Post
    Maybe Feedback will anti the phoenix .
    Then why just not Storm them? =)
    Though Feadback will insta-kill them, if we're lucky.