Page 4 of 4 FirstFirst ... 234

Thread: Phoenix use in PvP ?

Default Re: Phoenix use in PvP ?

Phoenix quite are good against mutas when paired with stalker/sentry Here is a replay to prove it

In PvP, they are a very good precursor to Carriers, esp on 2 base with an early expo. I was beaten by that once - the guy used Phoenix to lift probes and 1 shot them with the other Phoenixes (2-3 of them). This pressured me to keep stalkers at my min line and in my main.

This was on Desert Oasis Btw... BY the time I thought I had enough stalkers to move out, he attacks me with??

MORE PHOENIX AND 3 CARRIERS!!

I'm dead at that point.

that was somewhat entertaining to watch.. but still, phoenix IMO didnt play a significant role in that win: it was a failed zergling rush into an all-in ling/muta one-base build. you(?) had a significantly larger econ for basically the whole game: you may well have beaten him with raw stalkers if you jsut massed up & microed consistently.

thats not saying i disagree that phoenix with support are generally useful vs mutas. only taht it'd be cool with a game closer game to exemplify it.

i go muta ling all the fricken time vs p. and if i ever see phoenix, tehy are either used when the game is already immensely in my favour, badly used (sent in alone when outnumbered) or over-invested, making me hold mutas in favour of hydras & other ground units.

... come to think of it, i have played at least this one game where phoenix played a significant role against me, and it seems i havnt even uploaded it yet. acutally one of my most entertaining games, played about a weak ago, against some player ranked around the bottom of platinum.

although my game wasny optimal in that i didnt used my midgame economic advantage to the fullest as early as i could have, i think the game displays some interesting interplay etween muta/corruptor/hydra vs phenix/colossus/support

on topic: im still hungry for replays of more phenix use in PvP, like of the game you mentioned protosswarior!
    I am an enthusiast of good strategy games, sc2Esports and rollplay, although i dont really play anything atm.
    I work an internship at a government agency this fall, and have a good time at it.
    I'm being more social, active and honest lately. in all forums.

Hi.

I got it lol

Mind you I played and reacted badly to it, but it was interesting to see.

This is Patch #6 I believe...